Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Audiosurf

Old 04-15-2011, 09:34 AM   #1
Gishank

Any way to get Audiosurf to work with Spotify?

I've been wanting to get Audiosurf ever since its release (having played a demo of it before) but the one thing that put me off is that all of my music is on a popular european music service called Spotify.

Now I ask, is there any way to get Spotify to work with Audiosurf?
Old 04-15-2011, 09:50 AM   #2
cheeseus

Banned
Probably not, Spotify is horrible.
cheeseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:41 AM   #3
Gishank

That's a matter of opinion, I personally find spotify to be a good service and allows people such as myself to discover new bands.
Gishank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:01 PM   #4
spyrochaete

Is Spotify just a service that streams music? If so, it will not work on Audiosurf. You have to have the full file on your computer to use it in the game.
spyrochaete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:52 PM   #5
Gishank

The premium service doesn't just stream, it caches the files client-side so they can be listend to offline. =p
Gishank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:18 AM   #6
Pajn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gishank View Post
The premium service doesn't just stream, it caches the files client-side so they can be listend to offline. =p
Yeah, but the songs are heavaly encrypted and therfore not possible to use outside spotify.

Pro tip: Throw spotify away. Get song on the normal way.
And for descovering new bands: grooveshark, it have a much bigger collection.
Pajn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:24 AM   #7
jesus likes pie

I know this is a big bump but I figured it may be worth re-thinking.

Sptoify is now an extremely popular music service in both the European and U.S. markets. It's tight integration with Facebook I think further supports this claim.

I know more and more people switching to Spotify and really the only down side is I can't use Audiosurf with it.

It would be nice if there was SOME way to make this work. I honestly think Spotify is the future and having a library of MP3s is getting old fashioned.
jesus likes pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:12 PM   #8
sudo1024

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus likes pie View Post
I know this is a big bump but I figured it may be worth re-thinking.

Sptoify is now an extremely popular music service in both the European and U.S. markets. It's tight integration with Facebook I think further supports this claim.

I know more and more people switching to Spotify and really the only down side is I can't use Audiosurf with it.

It would be nice if there was SOME way to make this work. I honestly think Spotify is the future and having a library of MP3s is getting old fashioned.
[sarcasm]Yes having good old mp3's is old fashioned and totally obsolete now. Why don't we just go throw money at services like itunes, spoitfy and Google Music and hope to god they don't belly up.[/sarcasm]

I'm not going to throw money into some abyss when I have legally obtained mp3's that are usually higher quality than streaming services.
sudo1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:50 AM   #9
PhyreMatrix

I remember iTunes when they got rid of the DRM on their music files. Yeah, that wasn't costly at all to iTunes customers. And streaming services require you to have an internet connection. I can think of loads of places I don't have 100% internet connection.
PhyreMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:07 AM   #10
andrew5500

You guys sound like those elderly people who refuse to trust anything anymore because it isn't how it used to be. Music streaming is the place that the music industry is heading towards. And besides, you can make any song or playlist you want available offline (with a premium account) so you don't need an internet connection for it. I'd much rather have nearly every song instantly available to me at all times on all my devices without the need to sync or copy files.

Now imagine what Spotify could be for Audiosurf - you could see the most popular songs that are being used in Audiosurf and instantly ride any one of them. You could see that your friend has just gotten a high score on a song you don't own but it doesn't matter and you could do that song next and try to beat your friend's score. The possibilities are endless. Perhaps Audiosurf can strike a deal with Spotify that requires you to have a premium spotify account to have spotify integration enabled, therefore promoting the premium services. And in return, perhaps Spotify will allow Audiosurf to decode the cached files that are used for offline mode. Who knows.
andrew5500 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Audiosurf