Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Source

Old 04-17-2011, 06:47 AM   #1
acosrbkv

Exclamation Lost CS:S CD

Hello everyone

I lost my Counter Strike:Source CD but I still have cd-key, now when I tried to activate game it say's to me please inster yours CD. Anyone can help please?

Old 04-17-2011, 06:49 AM   #2
Zefar

Volunteer Moderator
CSS have been using Steam from the start so login on the account you first registered it on.

After that you only need to download it again.

Otherwise it might be a problem.

Old 04-17-2011, 09:07 AM   #3
Escovas

if is your first time that you go register that key you will need the DVD or CD, ask to a friend to lend his DVD.

or ask to someone to create a Iso file with just the "steam instalation content" (no CSS files) and mount or burn and install, then download the files from steam.
Escovas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:36 AM   #4
acosrbkv

I don't activate CS:S on any account,but lost CD. What to do? Escovas can you make me Iso file with just the "steam instalation content" and upload somewhere so I can download it ? Please
Old 04-18-2011, 03:03 AM   #5
ZZUBYTTIHS

You can get the steam installer here http://store.steampowered.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the green "install steam now" button.
after you install steam login to your account and use steam to download CSS.

If you never used this key before and you don't have a steam account, create one and register the key in steam. All keys are attached too steam accounts, once entered you never have to enter it again, just don't lose the steam login username/password
ZZUBYTTIHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 03:52 PM   #6
hopethishelpsu

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by acosrbkv View Post
I don't activate CS:S on any account,but lost CD. What to do? Escovas can you make me Iso file with just the "steam instalation content" and upload somewhere so I can download it ? Please
Hey acosrbkv,
here's a mini image of CS:S disc, you will only be able to use it to activate your game with a valid retail CD key, you cannot install it as it contains no game data!
This will make you able to activate the game with your key

http://www.mediafire.com/?qbl55d46tocubkg

If it doesn't work, visit gamecopyworld.com and search for "Counter Strike Source fixed image by fatalfury"

Hope this helps
Old 04-21-2011, 08:48 AM   #7
Escovas

i see that hopethishelpsu already made the image, if you have issues with it post here.

cya
Escovas is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Source