Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dungeon Siege series

Old 04-18-2011, 02:15 AM   #1
legendric

Question Dungeon Siege - No ending on completion

Hi,

I just wanted to report that on completing the final GOM fight in the game, the game dumps me to the title menue without showing the ending or credits!

Just to ensure that I didn't accidentally hit a button I have done this 4 times, by re-loading a saved game and re-doing the final fight with GOM, but with same result. Is the final credit been cut from this steam version? As that would be a let-down.

Thanks.

P.S. I'm talking about DS1 by the way from steam.

Old 04-18-2011, 08:57 AM   #2
tottie_scone

same here , kill boss lots of loot , goes to load options screen.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:16 PM   #3
SalamanderJon

Angry no ended here either

same here. You actually beat me to the punch while I was waiting for forum authorization. I can't even pick up the loot to see what I would have gotten...kicks me out to the menu with no ending and no mouse either. would have liked to see it... STEAM moderator: WTF? really?
Old 04-19-2011, 08:27 AM   #4
spectralpulse

Has the ending been removed from the game? Or is it a bug? I need confirmation. I will probably cancel by pre-order if this is the case. These games were stripped down enough as it is.
spectralpulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:23 PM   #5
Cheezdue

Glad I still have my copy of the game. I won't exactly spoil the ending for you guys but his is what happens. Correct if I'm wrong, its been a while since I played this game.

Spoiler:
You beat the boss and you get ending credits. Then you return back to where you once were and have the option of taking any of your characters into multiplayer.

But as far as to why the game just cuts to the main menu is something I've never heard of before.
Cheezdue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:57 AM   #6
legendric

Cool Alright moving on...

I saw the ending on you-tube and I don't think there is anything missed here, except for a voice-over saying the fight continues again (I assume it's taking about multiplayer)...

Anyway I'm moving onto to the great Ultima V & VI mods as it is ten times better than DS1/DS2, both game play and story wise. For those wondering yes they both work on the current steam version of DS1. Just install both mods to a separate folder (do not install inside the steam folder) and then use a modified shortcut to launch the mods. For example, I installed Lazarus on a separate folder (ie."X:\Lazarus") so I need to create a short-cut with the target path as:

"X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\dungeon siege 1\DungeonSiege.exe" map_paths=!"X:\Lazarus\resources" res_paths="X:\Lazarus\resources"

Pretty simple and it same principle applies to U6 project too...(Can confirm it works with win7 x64)

Cheers!

Now for some endless adventuring bliss....
Old 05-03-2011, 10:46 AM   #7
igsel

I'd also like to know if there really isn't an ending in the Steam version of the game, or if it's just a bug!

I mean, if there's no single player conclusion, no multiplayer, and no expansions...
Old 11-18-2011, 03:04 PM   #8
Max_R

Wtf... Same for me... Has anyone resolved?
Max_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:20 PM   #9
sarahearth

I just had the same thing happen. I thought I was going crazy!

Beat the big bad... grab the loot.. BANG. Title Menu.

Makes it feel like a bit of a letdown.
sarahearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:35 PM   #10
Ryuubei

Thats it, after you beat the big bad it ends. Originally it would then say you can carry on in multiplayer, but since that part was stripped out it's no longer there.

Better to buy the games on disk, since you'd get the expansion packs as well, something both DS1&2 are missing on steam
Ryuubei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:44 AM   #11
JosephCain

It's very rare that I get infuriated, but the sheer stupidity of this is astounding. So, they ripped out the multiplayer for both games, the expansions, and apparently 1 game doesn't even have a FUNCTIONAL ENDING? Are you KIDDING ME? Someone needs to walk up to Squee-nix HQ or whoever made these idiotic calls and kick them in the jimmies until they spit them up.

That or someone needs to contact Steam that they got a gimped version of the game, so they can go after Squee-nix or whoever made this terrible judgment call. No MP, No Expansions, AND No Endings... by the Gods...
JosephCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:04 AM   #12
Solon25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuubei View Post
Better to buy the games on disk
But DS-1 didn't work with W-Vista. When you start the game, a MGS Window opens and tell you that there is a known issue with vista. It give you a link, but on that link is no help... Some issues to try, but nothing helps.
Solon25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:34 PM   #13
DemolishMan

Guys thats how the game was released. The difference is Steam does not allow Multiplayer, thats all.

The Multiplayer of Dungeon Siege was Awesome back in the days, but never really flowrished because Diablo took over the RPG kind.
DemolishMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:35 PM   #14
Savant

I had the same thing happen, so I brushed off my original copy of DS1 and put in my save game from just before the boss. There really isn't anything people are missing. All that happens is that the screen goes black and words come up, which the narrator reads. No pictures or graphics at all.

You can see the ending on yYoutube here:
http://youtu.be/Y-gytYXp-yA

It's just under a minute, and then the credits came afterwards.

If you want to see the ending and the credits too, watch this video instead.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bURD6vIr1-c#t=334s
Savant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:13 AM   #15
CWorange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solon25 View Post
But DS-1 didn't work with W-Vista. When you start the game, a MGS Window opens and tell you that there is a known issue with vista. It give you a link, but on that link is no help... Some issues to try, but nothing helps.
It does works the same with W7 as with Vista before. Here's the fix.

http://deathmarine.com/dungeon-siege-and-windows-7-x64/
CWorange is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dungeon Siege series