Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Company of Heroes series

Old 04-18-2011, 11:12 AM   #1
Spocom

Worst Video Game Buying Experience, Ever.

I need help and I cannot find any other information regarding my issue on the web:

I purchased CoH basic w/o expansions last year on steam and everything worked up until now.

I received an email from THQ thanking me for participating in the CoHO online beta, and that I could get a discount on CoH Gold edition. I found it logical to spend 5 bucks to get the expansion (oposing fronts) with the base game I already owned, from the THQ() store.

Either way, I thought the THQ retail version was different than my CoH steam version and I was "ok" having two copies of the same game installed on my machine.

I have installed, patched and lau,ched COH Gold and it sais my profile or account is currently "busy" and i need to wait and try again. This happens when i lauched the steam version too.

Have both my steam version and recently purchased THQ gold version merged? What can I do to play this damn game? Please help

Thanks.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:42 AM   #2
Hungry_Hippo

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spocom View Post
I need help and I cannot find any other information regarding my issue on the web:

I purchased CoH basic w/o expansions last year on steam and everything worked up until now.

I received an email from THQ thanking me for participating in the CoHO online beta, and that I could get a discount on CoH Gold edition. I found it logical to spend 5 bucks to get the expansion (oposing fronts) with the base game I already owned, from the THQ() store.

Either way, I thought the THQ retail version was different than my CoH steam version and I was "ok" having two copies of the same game installed on my machine.

I have installed, patched and lau,ched COH Gold and it sais my profile or account is currently "busy" and i need to wait and try again. This happens when i lauched the steam version too.

Have both my steam version and recently purchased THQ gold version merged? What can I do to play this damn game? Please help

Thanks.
Eh! I have no idea what your talking about, is English your first language?

If you have a problem with Steam contact Steam support and/or THQ, .
Hungry_Hippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:49 AM   #3
Spocom

Yes English is my native language. Ok, I will sum up my question in one sentence for you to better understand me. Why does it say my profile is currently busy, and prevents me from logging on? anyone who can read descriptions please post something constructive.
Spocom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:11 PM   #4
barneysixx

I think the problem is with your installation of steam
it kinda gets buggy on 64 bit os
barneysixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:14 PM   #5
Spocom

Thanks for the reply barneysixx. I'll uninstall both versions of the game and reinstall CoH Gold retail and update this post accordingly.
Spocom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 04:54 PM   #6
Benzin1973

I too got the original CoH from steam, then i bought OF from Direct2Drive (a lot cheaper than on steam).
Knowing there would be problems if i tried to install OF along with the steam version of CoH, i dint even downloaded OF from direct2drive, i just wrote down its cd key, launched Coh, and added the OF serial in the "Add product" option (Account->Add product). And viola! now my steam CoH is actually OF.
Remember that every game in the CoH series (CoH, OF, TOV) has exactly the same content/files, so there is no need to do multiple installations, just add the cd keys of the products you buy to your allready installed game, and youre good to go.

EDIT: oh, and btw, you dont even need steam to play the game, you can just launch reliCoh.exe in the game directory directly, and it will run just fine, even if steam is not running.

Last edited by Benzin1973: 05-05-2011 at 04:56 PM.
Benzin1973 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Company of Heroes series