Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Portal 2

Old 07-15-2014, 11:55 AM   #1
4545df

Angry Invisible Text and Game Crash

When I load Portal 2, The Valve video plays, then I get a black screen, then the Portal 2 Main Menu comes up with all the click-able Text invisible, When i navigate to the any of the levels, the game simply Crashes

Before this, I have been able to play Portal 2 Before and everything with it,

My Computer Specs Are

Windows 7 32-bit 4-Gigs RAM
Graphics Card - ATI FireMV 2250
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU3.00GHz 3.00GHz

Thanks for reading this and helping me in advanced
Old 07-15-2014, 10:46 PM   #2
Zekiran

If you were able to play with that exact rig before, and are not able to now, have you considered checking the parts in your computer?

Do any other games work right? (Particularly source engine games like TF2 and CSS, l4d or Half Life 2?)

You might have some problems overheating, something may be loose, or just not working correctly any more.

First off though, VERIFY YOUR GAME FILES, right-click the portal 2 icon in your library, click Properties, then Local Files, and then VERIFY them. RESTART STEAM.

There have been a few updates now and then, it's possible that one of them doesn't work right with your rig, or didn't install correctly. Verifying your files will hopefully fix this.
Zekiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 05:17 PM   #3
4545df

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekiran View Post
If you were able to play with that exact rig before, and are not able to now, have you considered checking the parts in your computer?

Do any other games work right? (Particularly source engine games like TF2 and CSS, l4d or Half Life 2?)

You might have some problems overheating, something may be loose, or just not working correctly any more.

First off though, VERIFY YOUR GAME FILES, right-click the portal 2 icon in your library, click Properties, then Local Files, and then VERIFY them. RESTART STEAM.

There have been a few updates now and then, it's possible that one of them doesn't work right with your rig, or didn't install correctly. Verifying your files will hopefully fix this.
Yes, i Ran Portal 2 with this rig before, no i do not have problems overheating, And i am current;y verifying the game, Thanks for your help
4545df is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 06:01 PM   #4
Zekiran

I hope that it works. If it doesn't there may be some kind of fix listed among the unseen posts here. Do a google search specific to this forum if you can, because the search feature here is kind of lame.
Zekiran is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Portal 2