Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Battlefield series

Old 04-21-2011, 07:25 AM   #1
tibetanpunk

Unhappy Battlefield Vietnam really needs a Steam sale...Sooner rather than later...

I was online playing some Vietnam the other night and there were only about 10 'rush' servers to choose from, and of those 10, there were only 2 that had a decent amount of players.

At this stage, I think that the only way to save it from extinction is to have a Steam sale at 50-75% off to get all the people who didn't bother with it (the majority) to take the plunge and try it out.

I can't believe it hasn't had a Steam sale yet. It had a limited 1 day sale for 66% off on the EA store a while ago through their facebook flash deals thing, but that was it...

To be honest, the only reason I bought it was because EA gave me a 50% off voucher at Christmas for the EA store...It's a lot of fun, I just wish that more people played it.

Actually, I think that DICE probably made a mistake by releasing Vietnam as an expansion for BC2...
It probably would have done better as a stand alone game as it can't really compete with BC2 Vanilla, but it is still a decent game.

So...If there is anyone at DICE reading this post, make it happen, save BC2 Vietnam from completely dying out before it even had a chance to take off.

Vote 5-stars and keep bumping until someone at DICE sees this...I don't want Vietnam to fizzle out like this.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:37 AM   #2
Omega4

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by tibetanpunk View Post
I was online playing some Vietnam the other night and there were only about 10 'rush' servers to choose from, and of those 10, there were only 2 that had a decent amount of players.

At this stage, I think that the only way to save it from extinction is to have a Steam sale at 50-75% off to get all the people who didn't bother with it (the majority) to take the plunge and try it out.

I can't believe it hasn't had a Steam sale yet. It had a limited 1 day sale for 66% off on the EA store a while ago through their facebook flash deals thing, but that was it...

To be honest, the only reason I bought it was because EA gave me a 50% off voucher at Christmas for the EA store...It's a lot of fun, I just wish that more people played it.

Actually, I think that DICE probably made a mistake by releasing Vietnam as an expansion for BC2...
It probably would have done better as a stand alone game as it can't really compete with BC2 Vanilla, but it is still a decent game.

So...If there is anyone at DICE reading this post, make it happen, save BC2 Vietnam from completely dying out before it even had a chance to take off.

Vote 5-stars and keep bumping until someone at DICE sees this...I don't want Vietnam to fizzle out like this.
Personally, I found BFBC2 Vietnam to be a lot of fun when I used to play hardcore mode of BFBC2 exclusively.

But after I experienced how much fun and persistent core mode (softcore) firefights to be in BFBC2, I didn't enjoy Vietnam as much.

It's because the weapons in Vietnam are too lethal. Vietnam core mode is just like BFBC2 hardcore. Vietnam hardcore mode is like uber-core BFBC2 mode.

Firefights in Vietnam are finished almost as soon as they're begun. It's a contest of whoever sees the other first gets the kill. Lots of players tend to camp in the back and snipe, working on their kill death ratio rather than supporting the rest of the team (what little there is) up front at the battle
lines.

Vietnam lost its fun factor for me after I saw the light with BFBC2 core mode.
Omega4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:02 AM   #3
GLaw

Vanilla is better, but Vietnam is fun. I tried to wait for the sale, but my friends made my buy it. It's worth the $$.

I want to play vanilla weapons and stuff using the Vietnam maps.
GLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:12 AM   #4
Moragami

It doesn't have to be a Steam sale, as all you need is a code. I've seen Vietnam on Amazon and at the EA store for $5 several times.

Vietnam is dying out because it's not as fun as vanilla, mostly due to poor map design.
Moragami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:16 AM   #5
stillmatic07

I almost bought it too. If it dips down to $5 on steam I'll purchase it without hesitation.
stillmatic07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:16 AM   #6
Omega4

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLaw View Post
Vanilla is better, but Vietnam is fun. I tried to wait for the sale, but my friends made my buy it. It's worth the $$.

I want to play vanilla weapons and stuff using the Vietnam maps.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moragami View Post
It doesn't have to be a Steam sale, as all you need is a code. I've seen Vietnam on Amazon and at the EA store for $5 several times.

Vietnam is dying out because it's not as fun as vanilla, mostly due to poor map design.
While a few of the maps suffer from Port Valdez syndrome, Hastings is a great map that I'd love to play BFBC2 on.
Omega4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:41 AM   #7
Moragami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega4 View Post
While a few of the maps suffer from Port Valdez syndrome, Hastings is a great map that I'd love to play BFBC2 on.
Yeah, but a few maps is 60% of the total maps. I agree that Hastings is a good map and leads to some awesome battles, but with 3 of the maps being total chokepoint slaughter-fests, that's the main reason I haven't been to 'Nam in several weeks.

Point is, I don't think the $15 price point is what's got the servers empty, I think it's lack of interest from those who have already played and feel they've seen all it has to offer.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:40 AM   #8
xruiner89

Vietnam is half-price on EA store atm, buy it on there with the same account you use on your steam bad company 2 and it will work.
xruiner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:20 AM   #9
FrontlinerDelta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega4 View Post
Personally, I found BFBC2 Vietnam to be a lot of fun when I used to play hardcore mode of BFBC2 exclusively.

But after I experienced how much fun and persistent core mode (softcore) firefights to be in BFBC2, I didn't enjoy Vietnam as much.

It's because the weapons in Vietnam are too lethal. Vietnam core mode is just like BFBC2 hardcore. Vietnam hardcore mode is like uber-core BFBC2 mode.

Firefights in Vietnam are finished almost as soon as they're begun. It's a contest of whoever sees the other first gets the kill. Lots of players tend to camp in the back and snipe, working on their kill death ratio rather than supporting the rest of the team (what little there is) up front at the battle
lines.

Vietnam lost its fun factor for me after I saw the light with BFBC2 core mode.
Although I always played BC2 core mode, I agree with all these points. I liked Vietnam at first but once the novelty wore off I found it rather stale and unexciting. Especially in map design in rush with so many brutal chokepoints.

Just not fun and doesn't allow for as many tactics.
FrontlinerDelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:43 AM   #10
MrChris

a sale wouldn't sway me to buy it, I have bought pretty much all the BF games I can get my hands on but I chose not to with Vietnam for the reasons listed above

and the fact that it can't stand up to BFV
MrChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:54 AM   #11
AGMZ

picked it up two weeks ago for $7 at the EA store. I find it really fun, but as mentioned before, the maps are poorly designed.
AGMZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:08 PM   #12
dementedlullaby

Agree, Vietnam could use a sale and a permanent price drop. Most of the people who purchase DLC have it by now, the rest are waiting on a sale.
dementedlullaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:04 PM   #13
NeonIT9

In EA Store it's in sale
NeonIT9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:51 PM   #14
Orto

Yeah, but the EA store is region locked.
Orto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:59 PM   #15
Moragami

$7.50 on Amaz*n.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Battlefield series