Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Portal 2

Old 04-24-2011, 03:27 AM   #31
JereTHEend

Yeah, I am too confused about how it is not night 24/7 but after first cup of my feel-good pills in morning it all makes sense again and I welcome the daylight bit better.
JereTHEend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 03:29 AM   #32
BoBo2

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwkiller View Post
I think science fiction is now a dead genre because people won't accept it as a good, fun experience unless it abides absolutely by the scientific literature.

Take it for what it is: a fun story with good gameplay and great humor. I don't think the game is meant to be super-duper realistic.
Before Starwars arrived sci-fi was scientific in the sense everything needed to be logical and have a grounded framework in reality. Then Starwars basically made it part fantasy/adventure without the startrek or early 60/70's sci-fi movies like need to explain everything. That's basically the realm Portal 2 is in. It has a talking Potatoes for Christ sake.
BoBo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 03:33 AM   #33
haigen64

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBo2 View Post
That's basically the realm Portal 2 is in. It has a talking Potatoes for Christ sake.
Ok but thats because it generates enough electricity to power her. if she thinks too hard it fries the potato so there is some science in it haha.
haigen64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 03:43 AM   #34
Blackgammon

The bigger plot hole is how the final chamber is so close to the surface, yet she had to go through another whole mile to get to the top.

Plus I don't think GLaDOS put chell in a Biome, she doesn't need her anymore, and she doesn't want to keep her restricted because she knows that Chell would just keep on escaping anyway. PLUS it appears that she is at the surface at a parking lot near Aperture Science, yet the lift takes her to a field in the middle of nowhere...

Okay, she probably is in a biome now.

I think we are taking this game too seriously, there are a tonne of plot holes in this game that don't fit the first portal, it's there to be enjoyed, and Valve did a damn good job I'd say.

Last edited by Blackgammon: 04-24-2011 at 03:50 AM.
Blackgammon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 03:58 AM   #35
MultiVaC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwkiller View Post
I think science fiction is now a dead genre because people won't accept it as a good, fun experience unless it abides absolutely by the scientific literature.

Take it for what it is: a fun story with good gameplay and great humor. I don't think the game is meant to be super-duper realistic.
Science fiction is a dead genre? That's news to me; it still seems to completely dominate the medium of video games.
MultiVaC is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Portal 2