Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Grand Theft Auto series

Old 04-24-2011, 12:30 AM   #1
Enkou

Can't Play EFLC, Autoload Problem

I need help on this real bad as I've tried everything I know and nothing works.

I bought GTA4+EFLC last year when the Rockstar Complete Collection was on a nice sale. For a while I didn't play it, mainly because one of my save files on GTA4 got erased and I didn't feel like starting from scratch.

Just recently I started playing again, and GTA4 works fine. But whenever I launch one of the 2 addons, I get this:

"The downloadable content required for this autoload is not available. Press [ENTER] to start a new game of Grand Theft Auto IV."

And whenever I hit enter, it goes to a black screen and crashes.

I've looked all over online and no one gives a straight answer. There's perfectly fine answers on the 360/PS3 versions, but that's because they don't crash.

I've reinstalled, Verified Integrity, no mods, Ran on Admin, and removed the save. Nothing has fixed it.

Worth noting, I've also ran with both GFWL and Rockstar Social Club Offline and Signed Out, and that just gives me a plain black screen.

I really don't know what to do, so can I get some help? Much appreciated.

Last edited by Enkou: 04-25-2011 at 01:17 PM.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:26 PM   #2
Enkou

Bumping, still not fixed.

I should reiterate one part of it. I said that when I hit Enter on the Autoload screen, it goes to a Blackscreen and crashes. It doesn't go straight to a blackscreen. Whenever I hit Enter, it comes up with the GTA4 load screen(w/ Manny, Elizabeta, Bernie, etc.) with no music. Just silence. It then either hits the blackscreen and crashes, or comes up with 'Load Failed. Starting a New Game', goes to a black screen, then crashes.

It boggles me why the GTA4 Load screen pops up as it's not GTA4 Complete, it's EFLC, a completely different disc. They pop up on both TLAD and TBoGT.

Seriously, I'd love some help. I really hate games that I get that run, then mysteriously stop running. I usually find a fix, but so far I can't find one for this and it sucks.

And in case someone asks, here's some specs for my computer even though I think it has nothing to do with it. It ran before on it, it should run again.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00GHz
RAM: 2GB DDR2 @ 400MHz
MoBo: Asus Rampage Formula
GPU: ATI Radeon HD3870

EDIT: I've tried some more things. Once again to no avail.

I've turned V-Sync off(I forgot to) and even though I went longer on the Load Failed, it still crashed.

I've also tried doing a local account on GFWL, still got the Autoload error. I'm gonna try taking everything out of my XLive folder in AppData and hope that works.

EDIT2: Redoing everything in GFWL(removing the XLive Folder) didn't work either. I'm out of ideas, can I please get some help?

Last edited by Enkou: 04-25-2011 at 01:02 AM.
Enkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 12:51 PM   #3
Enkou

Ok, last update. Hopefully someone will help after this as I've fleshed out all options.

Out of curiousity and pure testing, I tried Xliveless on EFLC. It would mean I couldn't play online and get the achievements, but I'd be able to play it.

Doesn't work. Tried RGSC online and off, and got the Autoload error.

Found a save online, tried again both ways, autoload error.

Nothing works that I can think of, I have no ideas left.

I just want to play the game I bought last year, which I played a bit after that purchase, and some game-breaking bug(blaming it on a possible update during that time) won't let me do that. If there's some way around it, please let me know.

Last edited by Enkou: 04-25-2011 at 01:17 PM.
Enkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:58 AM   #4
JCMais

I Have the same problem, pls, someone, any solution???
JCMais is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Grand Theft Auto series