Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Revenge of the Titans

Old 04-24-2011, 06:01 AM   #1
Born2Lose

Crucial tech upgrades?

Hello everyone,

I've been playing this game and enjoying things very much. I'm about 3/4 of the way through the Mars levels and I'm struggling to hold off the enemies as my tech is too far out of bounds.

I'm finding it very hard to decide what to build as I like mines, walls, harvesting and splitter cannons! What should i be prioritizing up until the end of the Mars levels? I personally found the multi blaster a bit naff because of the lack of impact against the armored titans, maybe I'm not thing out of the box?

Cheers
Old 05-03-2011, 04:25 PM   #2
muddpuddle

My list of tech upgrades.

I haven't finished the game yet but I'm in the midst of Saturn and all maps have been beaten at the hardest level.

I focused on causing the most damage with the weakest weapons early on - xenobiology, alien anatomy, etc.
I also focused on refinery upgrades.

My main weapons beside the lowly blaster are the Blast Cannon and the Assault Cannon.

For support buildings, I've focused on scanners including the x-ray scanner (ghosts of mars), and the reloader.

And finally, I've upgraded the barriers - currently using titanium barricades.

I have the laser tech but have not built laser cannons as I read somewhere that they just make things harder - though you will need them for flying creatures later on.

I enjoyed the explosives tree for a while but soon found they were just too expensive to use as a primary weapon and ultimately avoided the line entirely.

Tangle web doesn't seem to do anything.

Battle droids are sadly underpowered.

The disruptor seems kinda cool but is way too expensive to bother with.

Also haven't bothered with shield generators - nano hardening seems to be a good alternative.

Good luck!

Edit: I labeled my response "my list of tech upgrades" because I was going to write out my current 36 item list (mid Saturn) but figured you wouldn't really want to see every choice I made. If I am wrong, however, and you do want the full list, let me know.

Last edited by muddpuddle: 05-03-2011 at 04:28 PM. Reason: added info
muddpuddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:35 AM   #3
damyst

Lessons from Titan

There's more than one tech path that will beat the game, but I found that landmine technology made a huge difference for me on Titan. Especially with 'plastic charge patterns', mines will get rid of a lot of larger enemies that you really don't want anywhere near your base. And best of all, mines are free!
I also use lasers a lot, and droid factories, mostly for the sheer joy of watching the gidrahs get harrassed or zapped out of existence.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:09 AM   #4
princec

Puppy Games
Quote:
Originally Posted by damyst View Post
There's more than one tech path that will beat the game, but I found that landmine technology made a huge difference for me on Titan. Especially with 'plastic charge patterns', mines will get rid of a lot of larger enemies that you really don't want anywhere near your base. And best of all, mines are free!
I also use lasers a lot, and droid factories, mostly for the sheer joy of watching the gidrahs get harrassed or zapped out of existence.
Mines aren't free!

Cas
princec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:10 AM   #5
damyst

Yeah, not sure where I got that idea :-P
They're way cheaper than having to deal with gidrahs that shoot back at you though! You can place 60 mines for the (best-case) cost of one shield generator.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:42 PM   #6
princec

Puppy Games
Quote:
Originally Posted by damyst View Post
Yeah, not sure where I got that idea :-P
They're way cheaper than having to deal with gidrahs that shoot back at you though! You can place 60 mines for the (best-case) cost of one shield generator.
I love mines. Mines are essential. I get them really early on.

Cas
princec is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Revenge of the Titans