Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Portal 2

Old 04-25-2011, 09:01 PM   #1
lebark

Will there be a portal 3?

portal 2 story was very cool and i enjoyed it alot any one know if there is going to be a third? i know its still early lol but im just curios if any one had any leads or assumptions they have found out.
-Thanks

Old 04-25-2011, 09:02 PM   #2
Grim Tuesday

Unlikely, atleast until Source 2, but if there was, it would probably be all about the Co-op bots, or Rat-Man.
Grim Tuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:04 PM   #3
BadgerDeluxe

Well it sure seemed like it to me. They've already said that they'd love to continue it if they had more good ideas for it, and

Spoiler:
the ending to Co-Op showing the hundreds of new human test subjects

pretty much summed it up in my mind that they were heavily hinting towards a continuation in some form or another.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:08 PM   #4
bunny_red2

Banned
Maybe not with Chell, but the ratman still hasn't succeeded. And there's the possibility that Chell didn't really escape.
bunny_red2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:09 PM   #5
madgod_zhar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunny_red2 View Post
Maybe not with Chell, but the ratman still hasn't succeeded. And there's the possibility that Chell didn't really escape.
the ratman went to the moon
madgod_zhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:15 PM   #6
gmoney340

Maybe now a prequel, honestly Chell had her story. I want to find out what happend before the "incident" at aperture. Hmmm, "incident" at aperture; "incident" at black mesa. Go away GMAN! It would be cool to be a different test subject in the 50's aperture also showing the story about Cave. Am I the only person that feels this way?
gmoney340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:18 PM   #7
eedobaba7726

If they did return to Chell, it would certainly be interesting to follow her story as she finds her place in the real world, using the portal gun along the way of course, assuming Glados didn't take it from her, which is altogether possible, if not likely.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:19 PM   #8
chucklz1515

You know when GLaDOS said that her family abandoned her? What if her father is Gordon? It could explain why she doesn't talk (JUMP*). It could explain why her parents "abandoned her", but they never really abandoned her, Aperture just captured her at their house somehow while Black Mesa was being overrun and Gordon was out fighting off Xen creatures. They could have kept her in stasis for a while until they tested her the first time. It could also prove why GLaDOS couldn't (even if she actually tried) calling her parents while in that one test chamber. I mean, it's a bit of a stretch, but it kinda fits.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:20 PM   #9
gmoney340

Quote:
Originally Posted by eedobaba7726 View Post
If they did return to Chell, it would certainly be interesting to follow her story as she finds her place in the real world, using the portal gun along the way of course, assuming Glados didn't take it from her, which is altogether possible, if not likely.
The gun is gone, and that would seem a tad bit boring.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:23 PM   #10
Supertegwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucklz1515 View Post
You know when GLaDOS said that her family abandoned her? What if her father is Gordon? It could explain why she doesn't talk (JUMP*). It could explain why her parents "abandoned her", but they never really abandoned her, Aperture just captured her at their house somehow while Black Mesa was being overrun and Gordon was out fighting off Xen creatures. They could have kept her in stasis for a while until they tested her the first time. It could also prove why GLaDOS couldn't (even if she actually tried) calling her parents while in that one test chamber. I mean, it's a bit of a stretch, but it kinda fits.
That's a very bad idea and does not fit the continuty AT ALL. Portal takes place during the original Half Life, so how old would Chell be? 2?

Last edited by Supertegwyn: 04-26-2011 at 02:06 AM.
Supertegwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:27 PM   #11
Archenbaldt

Portal 2 is the last game with single player mode according Valve . Okay, maybe not... but I dont think they will make Portal 3, anyway.
Archenbaldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:29 PM   #12
chucklz1515

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertegwyn View Post
That's a very bad idea and does not fit the configured AT ALL. Portal takes place during the original Jalf Life, so how old would Chell be? 2?
Yea and apparently she can be in stasis for 9999999...months. so yea, that's exactly what I'm suggesting.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:04 PM   #13
gmoney340

Quote:
Yea and apparently she can be in stasis for 9999999...months. so yea, that's exactly what I'm suggesting.
I think that the counter was broken. You know how you unplug an alarm clock and when you plug it back in it defaults to 12:00 and it just blinks? I think that this is the same thing that happend. Power was lost and time wasn't tracked.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:08 AM   #14
Supertegwyn

Quote:
But Chell and Gordan are at the most 10 years apart in age, so how the was she born?
Supertegwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:30 PM   #15
chucklz1515

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertegwyn View Post
But Chell and Gordan are at the most 10 years apart in age, so how the was she born?
I don't know okay. I just had an idea that worked in my mind until disproved by everyone here (which was what I was kinda looking for). It was only a guess.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Portal 2