Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Need for Speed series

Old 04-26-2011, 03:18 AM   #1
Slicebread14

Autolog invalid password

Having problems logging into auto log had to change my password forgot it. I am not able to find in online options on how to change it and put in my new password.

Old 04-26-2011, 04:59 AM   #2
ohio330

Good luck..same prob here. Stupid Ea support wanted to send a p/w/ change via e-mail. wtf is that gonna help.. it doesnt change the games password. It will only change the EA login password..not the p/w/ the game is expecting. shift2 is nerfed for me now
Old 04-26-2011, 05:02 AM   #3
ohio330

I think im going to stop buying EA software..i have another account that I cannot retrieve my Battlefield bad company 2 password..again because it differs from the EA login password and I lost it to the game. Ea couldnt solve that one either
Old 04-26-2011, 11:31 AM   #4
Slicebread14

Wow, thats crazy it logged me into nfs shift 1 last night but not auto log. And i just got my g27 wheel the way i like it no lag anymore ugh.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:38 PM   #5
Slicebread14

So, will there be a fix to this or not?
Old 05-01-2011, 04:42 AM   #6
Light Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicebread14 View Post
Having problems logging into auto log had to change my password forgot it. I am not able to find in online options on how to change it and put in my new password.
After the login fails, in game. Press the forgot my password button. You'll get an E-mail. Click the link and change your password.
Light Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 06:35 AM   #7
e-tomek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light Speed View Post
After the login fails, in game. Press the forgot my password button. You'll get an E-mail. Click the link and change your password.
If he`s gonna change his password all his settings and history will disappear for current user as he will have to create new profile.

There`s no in-game option to change password for autolog - to a new one, the system automatically signs the user and if the password will be changed for user - the system won`t log him (because there will be no option to put a new one).

So - the only solution is to figure out what was the password.

If you use firefox - go into preferences - options - security and press "remembered passwords". Try to seach a password for ea.com - the same on is for autolog.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:00 AM   #8
Slicebread14

Got it ty e-tomek
Old 05-03-2011, 04:46 AM   #9
<red22>

Same no auto log for the last 3 weeks, and can't remember the password for the life of me! And an 70 percent into the game so dont want to start over again. Hope the new patch might address the issue.
<red22> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 04:47 AM   #10
<red22>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light Speed View Post
I don't get that option. Could you post a screen shot if you get a chance. Thanks
<red22> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 04:03 PM   #11
crispy animal

same problem, nerfed game, this is bull.
crispy animal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:57 PM   #12
crispy animal

Just got mine fixed, sort of, i went on to live chat with EA support, what ended up happening is i had to delete my Steam version, they then disabled that key and gave me a new key to use on the EADM.
crispy animal is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Need for Speed series