Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mount & Blade series

Old 04-26-2011, 08:09 PM   #1
RedbeardOfOz

Exclamation Bug with Mount and Blade: Warband achievements on Steam

Hear ye, hear ye!

There is a most vexatious problem with regards to obtaining achievements on Mount and Blade: Warband on Steam.

Achievements came into being when I had already been playing the game for quite a while (I have now taken over the entire continent) and, because I was most of the way through the game, I believe that this has stopped the Steam achievements programme from recognising what I already have done, even when I create a new character.

It appears that this applies only to cumulative achievements, where I had already progressed to a partial extent before the achievements came in (I can still get stand-alone achievements).

The cumulative achievements that the bug is stopping me from getting (that I know of) are:

1) "Romantic Warrior: Learn 3 poems from tavern bards" - it says I only have learnt one poem, but I have obtained them all (now every time I meet a bard he says he has no more to teach me).
I learnt one poem after the achievements came in, but as I got the rest before that, it won't recognise them.
Now I have too many poems in my head
It is really making me see red
Thinking of poetry makes me yelp
Pretty please, Steam - can you help?

2) "Knights of the Round: Recruit 6 hero characters" - it says I have only recruited one hero, but I have recruited them all. I recruited the last hero after the achievements came in, but - just like with the poems - as I got the rest before that, it won't recognise them.
The real shame is that this means that all my other heroes can't be publicly recognised for all the effort they put in.
The last hero recruited has a bunch of medals on her chest, while all my other heroes have none - they all just stand around and glare at here.
Mind you, some of the male heroes seem to be checking out the medals on her chest quite a lot (at least, I think they're looking at the medals).

3) "The Bandit: Raid 3 caravans and raid 3 villages" - there seems to be a similar problem with this achievement.
I kept on raiding villages and caravans, but no achievement appeared.
Just think of how many innocents had to die because of this extra and unwarranted raiding. Oh, the humanity!

The obvious answer to this would be to start a new character to get those achievements.
So, I created a new one - I needed to do so anyway, to start up a female character to get the "Sassy!" achievement ("Sassy!As a female character get into a duel with male lord by insulting him").
With this new character, I learnt 3 poems and recruited 6 heroes, but still did not get the achievements.

When I transferred Steam to a new drive on my PC (I lacked space on the old drive for all my Steam games), I thought that maybe that might change things.
I made a third character and learnt 3 poems, but still did not get the achievement (I also recruited 2 heroes, but the achievement progress indicator still remains at one hero).

Great Lords of the Steam Realm, I beseech thee to take notice of your humble petitioner and his woes.
If thou deem my quest worthy of aid and grant me assistance, I pledge to slay many pixels in your name and pay homage to your greatness.
As your loyal and respectful supplicant, I humbly await your gracious reply.
Many thanks in advance, O worthy Steam Lords.

Old 04-27-2011, 03:59 AM   #2
Saints

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1636758
Saints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 04:45 AM   #3
RedbeardOfOz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints View Post
Ah! Thank you, good sir.

I did do a search for the subject before I made the post, but methinks I made an error in overlooking that thread.

Let us hope that the bug is fixed soon.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:08 PM   #4
©λεєrio

+rep for just being a fun lad and putting effort in writing this =)
©λεєrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 04:04 AM   #5
RedbeardOfOz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ©λεєrio View Post
+rep for just being a fun lad and putting effort in writing this =)
Thank you, kind sir. I appreciate your appreciation of my sense of humour.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mount & Blade series