Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > ARMA series

Old 04-27-2011, 05:14 PM   #1
Miameh

DLC

Is it worth owning all DLC for this game to play it online with? I sometimes can't join servers because of it saying i have edited files even though i've changed nothing, I figured maybe it was because i didnt own the other DLC?

I own Arma 2 + Operation Arrowhead.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:59 PM   #2
meuhey

I've had the same problem, jarateed me off if I need dlcs too
meuhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 07:37 PM   #3
The Jackal

They included all the dlc even of you don't own it. The weapons, characters, and vehicles are all very low quality/resolution and you can't play the singleplayer missions of them.

Are there alot of servers that give you that message? Because evidently that happens when either you or the server are using mods/addons that the other does not have.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 07:58 PM   #4
Defrost My Head

First off. The two DLC's are optional, in that you will never be booted off a server if you dont own them.

The server you tried to join is probably running mods. If you do not have the mod that is required you will be booted from the server with a vague error message saying you are missing a certain file.
How do you know which mod you need for that server? Get yourself a launcher, I use Yomas Addon Sync but there are many others. When you browse servers look in the 'mods' column. Anything with a @ symbol in front of it denotes a mod the server is running. eg @cba,@ace,@acex

Now here is where it gets confusing. Some mods are not required to join even if that server says it is running them. These are called client side mods. Some servers won't even allow you to run client side mods, these are usually called 'vanilla' servers.

To anyone starting out I would reccomend that they join vanilla servers only, but start browsing armaholic to see what mods are out there, try a sound mod or something small.

I hope that made sense
Defrost My Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:15 AM   #5
Miameh

Cool thanks a lot, Will be a lot easier knowing if a sever uses a mod or not, Still finding it quite strange what to do when i even join i'm usually standing around for a while before someone picks me up! enjoying the game so far though just need to figure out whats going on
Miameh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:03 AM   #6
Dwarden

Bohemia Interactive
the issue with missing error popups on joining some / all servers with mods is being investigated

Old 04-28-2011, 12:44 PM   #7
meuhey

damn mods...
meuhey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > ARMA series