Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Crysis series

Old 05-02-2011, 08:55 PM   #1
Daedalus1337

Banned
Red face USE THE TAC GUN TO LOCK ON (spoilers)

UGH this is and developers need to be fired/shot/burned for releasing such a glitch ridden pos game

I'm too mad to actually type out what I had to endure so I will quote someone else whose had this widespread glitch while fighting the final boss in crysis 1

Quote:
Ok. First time I went to play the last part "Reckoning" where you have to fight the HUGE alien ship I screwed up royal. I never got the Tac Gun from the Armory and therefore couldn't beat the ship. I shot every last bit of ammo at that thing and still couldn't do it. Talk about time consuming and annoying. All the while the dumb broad in the Vtol yelling at me to use a weapon I had no way of attaining. Sigh...

Part 2. I load a saved game and grab the Tac Gun from the armory BEFORE going on the deck. All is well right? WRONG!! I get to the point where I have to use this afore mentioned Tac Gun and disaster strikes. The piece of crap won't lock on to a darn thing. No matter what I aim at, no matter how I aim, not matter what I do, it always says "No Target Locked". It won't even initiate a lock on sequence. Nothing... I even loaded from a previous saved game, tried leaving the game and coming back, hell even restarting Windows and coming back in. Nothing will work.

Now I've read elsewhere that others are having the same issue and have had to replay the ENTIRE Reckoning mission. I refuse to do so. I'm playing on the hardest difficulty and refuse to go through that whole crap again. It was nerve wracking enough the first time through. I can't understand how EA missed this GLARING bug. It's inexcusable really. Now I'm stuck and have officially gave up on beating Crysis all because of this stupid bug that I have no control over and can't get around.
this is rediculous I figured I'd beat crysis 1 cuz I can play it on high setting pretty well overall and then buy crysis 2, now I will not even bother supporting this crappy company. digusting.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:28 AM   #2
SeLeXeL

I've not played the first Crysis in a while, but if I recall then the TAC gun has very limited use.
When fighting the alien warship, I crouched behind some containers with a cache of rocket launchers, and took out the mini cannons. They're a little difficult to spot till they fire on you. So I'd cloak and train my binoculars on it till it locks in.
I think there are four of these cannons, and they take 3-4 hits each.

Once dealt with, it extends its arms, which I think are bigger cannons and that's where you're told to use the TAC gun.
You had to hover on the target (each arm) for some seconds till the TAC gun highlights, and locks in. The moment you veer away, it stops targeting and you have to do it all over again.

I've personally not had any issues here, apart from the very first time, when I didn't know how to work the TAC gun. I thought you could indiscriminately fire off ballistics, but nope !!
Was purely by accident that I figured it out.
SeLeXeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:41 AM   #3
fek1

Don't you fire it just once or maybe 3 times to end the fight? Anyway I remember it being extremely obvious and had no issue completely it first time on delta. Do you play with sound on? Try listening to in game prompts maybe.

As for not finishing the game, you aren't missing out on much, that level is the worst in the game. And by not buying crysis 2 you aren't missing out on much either. So basically you win by accident.
fek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:59 PM   #4
SeLeXeL

Quote:
Originally Posted by fek1 View Post
Don't you fire it just once or maybe 3 times to end the fight? Anyway I remember it being extremely obvious and had no issue completely it first time on delta. Do you play with sound on? Try listening to in game prompts maybe.
I think you fire once per arm, then it rises out the water, exposing it's underside.
There, you have to contend with them drones, as well as their bigger brothers :P
When you get a chance, you then have to hit an opening in the middle of the war ship, can't remember how many times, and it's game over after that....not before receiving comms from Prophet back on the island.
SeLeXeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:12 PM   #5
Daedalus1337

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by fek1 View Post

As for not finishing the game, you aren't missing out on much, that level is the worst in the game. And by not buying crysis 2 you aren't missing out on much either. So basically you win by accident.
I've tried firing(and by firing i mean locking on) in pretty much every single way possible and followed a youtube guide vid to the teeth, it just wouldnt lock on and it is a game breaking glitch.

And I WISH I started playing with the sound OFF so that I wouldnt hear that annoying broad scream out USE THE TAC GUN TO LOCK ON every 5 seconds. so ridiculously annoying that I literally had to close the sound to keep trying to beat this glitch.

well anyway crytek proved themselves that they're a rubbish company whom I will never support again.
Daedalus1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:12 PM   #6
gromacs

Banned
lol I've never experienced any glitch like this before. It sounds to me like a case of PEBKAC.

honestly I don't think anyone cares if you think that "crytek is a rubbish company" and you won't support them anymore.
gromacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:05 AM   #7
windfish113

It's not a "glitch" if you suck at first person shooters.

It's a shame that you equate your own personal shortcomings with a failure on CryTek's part.
windfish113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:28 AM   #8
Daedalus1337

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by windfish113 View Post
It's not a "glitch" if you suck at first person shooters.

It's a shame that you equate your own personal shortcomings with a failure on CryTek's part.
How does that crytek wiener taste in your mouth? No don't tell me I don't really care.

what is shameful is you and all the other senseless phanboyz ignore the fact that this is a widespread gamebreaking glitch and I'm not the only one whose experienced it.

And here you are trying to pin crytek's poor standing on my FPS 'shortcomings', despite the fact that I got to the end of the game on hard and odds are I was beating FPSes before you were even a toddler.
I'd wipe the floor with your face any day in HL2DM, scrub

Last edited by Daedalus1337: 05-06-2011 at 02:06 PM.
Daedalus1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:05 PM   #9
Jonnycox001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus1337 View Post
I was beating FPSes before you were even a toddler.
I'd wipe the floor with your face any in day HL2DM, scrub
Haha, awesome. Brought back a lot of nostalgia seeing someone type HL2DM - those were the days!
Jonnycox001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 07:49 AM   #10
dpwildboar

tried all the above and can't lock on...

disappointing.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:29 PM   #11
K4M4R4

Same problem here. The whole game works perfectly (and i've really liked it) but there are some serious glitches in the last level. Companies keep doing crap of this kind in this generation. It's a shame.

Last edited by K4M4R4: 06-14-2011 at 04:57 PM.
K4M4R4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:10 PM   #12
farfetched

Crytek isn't a terrible company, they've just been making a e ton of mistakes lately. look up a fix to the problem is my suggestion. I'm sorry to hear that you're having a problem like this, when I played the first Crysis there was a sound bug that drove me damn near insane AND made the game perform less well, but it still worked as an actual game.
farfetched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:35 PM   #13
mayhem966

The fight is actually rather simple in terms of knowing what to do. Just follow the voice prompts verbatim, basically. The trick is surviving.
mayhem966 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Crysis series