Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 08-10-2011, 11:37 AM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #751
jonl

JonL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleloup View Post
Ever since uber update i haven't been able to watch or edit my replays. I'm on a mac. This has sucked.
This should be fixed now. Please mail me if you're still having trouble - jonl@valvesoftware.com.
jonl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:41 AM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #752
jonl

JonL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilus0 View Post
Recently, whenever I try to edit a replay, I get a message that says "Replay failed to load. Check consle for details." And these aren't old replays that broke after a TF2 update, these are brand new replays. Anyone know how to fix this?
Still happening?

Mail me your replays at jonl@valvesoftware.com and I'll take a look. From steam/steamapps/<your steam username>/team fortress 2/tf/replay/client, send me your "replays," "sessions" and "blocks" folders.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:51 AM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #753
jonl

JonL
Quote:
Originally Posted by flowersmang View Post
The replays I recorded last night have "ERROR" stamped on them. I was playing on one of the Valve official servers.

Here's a screenshot of what it shows:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/flowers...4944643673594/

I get this fun error in the console:

Replay error system: The session info file failed to download: Can't connect. URL: http://srcds159.iad-1.srcds.valve.ne...ermountain.dmx
The session info file failed to download: Can't connect. URL: http://srcds159.iad-1.srcds.valve.ne...ermountain.dmx
The session info file failed to download: Can't connect. URL: http://srcds159.iad-1.srcds.valve.ne...ermountain.dmx

Question 1: how do I prevent this from happening?
Question 2: is it going to be possible to get any of these videos to work?

Thanks!
We're looking into this. I just joined up and wasn't able to download a replay, either. The server is probably misconfigured. I'll post again once it's fixed.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:55 AM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #754
jonl

JonL
Quote:
Originally Posted by mreeuwij View Post
None of the updates addressed it
I'll take a look at this.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:58 AM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #755
jonl

JonL
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBullet View Post
One of my replays will not finish downloading. The bar is full but it still says "waiting". Restarting steam doesnt fix this. Anyone know if this is fixable? (Ive downloaded over 20 replays before this is the first time this has happened)
It's probably the server you were on. Does the console say anything? If so, please copy & paste here.

If the replays were saved on Valve servers, I may be able to help.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:59 AM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #756
jonl

JonL
Quote:
Originally Posted by H. Habilis View Post
I was hoping the Uber update would help, but I've never been able to save a movie. TF2 always crashes with this error:

Faulting application name: hl2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4dfff183
Faulting module name: client.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4e03cffd
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x003a3e02
Faulting process id: 0x2a58

I looked it up and it seems that other people have had the same issue in the past. I was just curious if anyone has ever found a solution?
Try uninstalling QuickTime and installing QuickTime Alternative - does that help?
Old 08-10-2011, 12:00 PM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #757
jonl

JonL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiko View Post
Stupid question: There are a lot of console commands for replay rendering, like one for disabling motion blur. How do I access them? The console can't be opened while in the rendering menu...
The console variables for motion blur don't allow for extra control beyond what you can do in the actual render dialog. If you click on "Show Advanced Options" and set your "Motion Blur Quality" to "Low," that is the closest you can get to "turning it off."
Old 08-10-2011, 12:03 PM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #758
jonl

JonL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
A few things I would like to see, some of which I realize are pie in the sky:

* Camera speed adjustment
* An out-of-game version of the editor, or
* Batch rendering so I can edit a bunch of takes and then render them all while I'm at work
* Some way to pan up/down
* Not having to reload the level to pop back 10 seconds. It's a real pain to get a nice start point.

Edit:
Also uploading that works. The youtube site takes my video without problems but the in-editor one fails out.
FYI, the batch rendering is available now. Click on a "+" button on any takes you want to queue up, then click on "SAVE ALL" in the replay browser to save them all. I'd like to add the ability to batch render and optionally upload to YouTube. We'll get there!
Old 08-10-2011, 02:00 PM   #759
ferdinand88

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonl View Post
You can turn it off in the rendering options. Click "Show Advanced Options," then set "Motion blur quality" to "Low.
Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately the answer you gave me was incorrect. When rendering this with the motion blur set to the lowest possible, the outcome still looks like this. It simply reduced the amount of motion blur, but it didn't remove it.

A more suitable option for me now is to use other recording software, such as Fraps, and record when viewing the replay in-game (with motion blur disabled in options).

If there's a working solution, please tell me, the in-game recording feature is a great implementation, and works better than having programs like Fraps on.

Last edited by ferdinand88: 08-10-2011 at 02:04 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:28 PM   #760
Jpeedospear

Please add the option to Include HUD and Kill Text

Really big fan of TF2 and I intend to play it for many more years.

I am really glad Valve decided to add a replay system and the only problem I have with it at this current time is that there is not an option to add my HUD and the game Kill Text to the replay.

I have made a couple of video's so far but the one where I run around with a huntsman shooting arrows at everything is kinda confusing because half the time you are not sure if that Arrow kills that guy or if he dodges in time, I tend to duck around corners before I confirm the kill.

Thanks for your time Jonl. Keep up the good work.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:55 AM   #761
pawlowss

Quote:
Try uninstalling QuickTime and installing QuickTime Alternative - does that help?
I have the same problem and it doesn't matter if I use the original Quicktime or Quicktime Alternative. My OS is Windows 7 64bit.
pawlowss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:05 AM   #762
Kelao

Any word on when the replay editor will be able to properly support importing regular POV and STV demo files?

Currently, using the .dmx file workaround, STV files always get stuck watching 0,0,0 in the map no matter what "player_slot" "#" is set to (this works for POV demo files by setting it to 1).
Kelao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:47 AM   #763
Deighvyd

Quote:
The buttons allow you to add and remove takes to a "render queue," so that you can render a bunch of takes in a row.

The first time you clicked on one of the "+" buttons, you should have gotten a message explaining what they are. Did you not?
No, I don't recall seeing any message.

Thanks for responding Jon... looking forward to future camera updates. Hope you guys bring back timescale for easier camera move editing.
Deighvyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 02:02 AM   #764
oskwish

Kill notification in replay

I really love so much of the replay function in Team Fortress 2. The fact that you choose to record the life that you just played is just fantastic and that you can export the whole clip to a mov file instead of using Fraps or any other software is even better.

There is just one thing that I miss and that is that I can't keep the notification when I kill someone in the replay. Is this feature on its way?
oskwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 03:31 AM   #765
Skybert

Will it be possible to implement a folder system in the replay section? Since I have a lot of replays I use for my TF2 show. And a folder system would be convenient.
Skybert is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2