Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Old 05-07-2011, 08:52 AM   #1
dinamozg146

Login to Steam failed!

Hi,i have problem with login to steam,i type in the right username and password but i keep getting this massage:

Login to steam failed. Either the specified account doesnt exist or the password was wrong...

Now, i tried to log in to my acc from another PC and it worked,so i checked my profile and i know it is not hacked becouse everything is as it was(pass,username,nick,hours spent playing games,etc.)

Plss help me i bought this game and i really want to play it again... and i tried deleting cookies, or that blob file in steam folder and it didnt work so... any other ideas??
Thx!

Old 05-07-2011, 11:27 AM   #2
Maledict21

Exit Steam and go to the folder called "C:\Program Files\Steam" (this is the default location for a Steam installation - if you set a different installation directory, you will need to browse to it). Delete all of the files in this folder except: The "SteamApps" folder and "Steam.exe" (this file is listed as an application and features the black and white Steam logo). Restart your computer. Then, launch "Steam.exe" from within the Steam installation folder, and not from a pre-existing shortcut. With Steam running, re-test the original issue. Note: This process will not affect your currently installed games.
Maledict21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:45 PM   #3
dinamozg146

Now its working, thank you very much.
Old 12-13-2013, 02:28 AM   #4
Monarch

delete

ClientRegistry.blob
and another blob file if exists.. rr steam
Monarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 12:17 PM   #5
supersonicracer

same thing.

I have the same problem. I get NO email verification from steam, yet i still have my account games / items. Deleting clientregristry.blob does not work.
supersonicracer is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips