Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Section 8 series

Old 05-07-2011, 10:47 AM   #1
droa

Question Ad aware sees Section 8 as Generic Trojan

So i bought Section 8 on a preorder, and played it some times.. not i felt like playing it a little more.. but when i tryed to run it.. it said "the game is not available right now", so i tryed to i reinstall/download it... and it didnt work.. now isaw by a popup from ad-aware it thord there was a "Trojan.Win32.Generic!BT" in the s9.exe

i had to put it on the ignore list, to be able to play the game... why does ad-aware sees a game as a trojan? is it a trojan. and is the game developer to trust?

Old 05-07-2011, 10:50 AM   #2
ShortwaveSnuff

Most virus programs are total crap. I'd say disable it.. Reinstall the game. Then allow it access in the crap virus scanner program thingy... Then enable it again..
ShortwaveSnuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:45 AM   #3
Panromir

Because Ad-Aware is crap.

Use MSE or Avast or Kaspersky or whatever. Just not some bull.
Panromir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:34 PM   #4
Tufelhunden

Actually I would bet it is seeing GFWL as one. Comodo, something like that, doesn't like the GFWL injection either.
Tufelhunden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:43 PM   #5
droa

well anything with the name "Microsoft" on, is a virus in its self.. i agree on that.. the thing about using Ad-Aware instead of any other anti-virus, is it dosnt require mutch CPU to run..
as for instance awast, awg or norton does.. i just uninstalled Norton, after 1 very anoying year, where i had to use 10 minutes of my day to start up my damn computer..
ad-aware is nice, and quick.. a very bad scanner.. but who uses the scanenr anyway? i almost never scan my computer, as i only uses the anti-virus programs, for the appendix of virusses. and for anoying things, as Toolbar removals, in my browsers.. and ad-aware does that job pretty nicely.. not since this brought anyone off topic... my orgrinal question, was if s9.exe had any "vicious" code in it, that would bring my computer to harm?

thansk again
Old 05-07-2011, 12:47 PM   #6
Panromir

Quote:
Originally Posted by droa View Post
was if s9.exe had any "vicious" code in it, that would bring my computer to harm?
Is that a rhetorical question?
You can't be serious
Panromir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:57 AM   #7
droa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panromir View Post
Is that a rhetorical question?
You can't be serious
just as Secure Disk once made a big bummer, about making a driver for thair system, that totally desotroyed any living chance to change CD-drive on you computer, i thord there was some kind of "bug" in s9.exe too.. you never know, right?

could be the old days returning with another version of that junk.. maby Secure Disk 3, with total inialation.

Nah just joking,. just wanted to know if the system had been infected in any way...

steam is a perfect source to deliver out a botnet trojan with.
imagen bein able to hack by thair security, and infect 1 games exe file, that soon will release, with a trojan virus, for a botnet?

maby 120.000 new potential slaves, and no antivirus to check that type of pattern, as the virus is all brand new, and never seen before.

its a quic way to get a new botnet, if the old one just was taken down by fbi.

i am just saying..

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Section 8 series