Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mount & Blade series

Old 05-07-2011, 11:26 AM   #1
narrus

Mount and Blade Warband constantly crashing

Today I installed this game since I haven't played it for a long time but it crashes all the time. It happens in area transitions how I have observed it. I can create a character, kill that 1 enemy and get to the traders house. Then after I have taken the mission from trader and I push TAB to exit it crashes. No errors, nothing. Just says it has stopped working. Sometimes I am lucky and I get to world map but whenever I engage someone or enter somewhere it crashes again.

I have never had this problem before with this game. I am running it on W7 64 bits. It is definitely not a heat issue or anything spec related.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:31 AM   #2
waggywags

Open launcher (ok, not sure if you steam people have it), Options/Properties/whatever you call it, set Load Textures on Demand to off. It should fix it, I think the problem is in the loading on the go. Can't be sure. Give an update on if it works or not if you don't mind.
waggywags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:31 AM   #3
Redbullmass

If your drivers are up to date and everything, verify the integrity of the game cache, it's possible that some files are corrupted.
Redbullmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:33 AM   #4
PANTERA.

Verify integrity of cache?

Oops. I got beat.
PANTERA. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:44 AM   #5
narrus

Verification was ok. Nothing was missing.
Looks like disabling Load Textures on Demand helped. Hasn't crashed so far.
narrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:49 AM   #6
waggywags

It'll help right until your videocard hits the ceiling, but that'll be a lot of hours playing yet if you've more than 512MB. With 512MB I can last a few hours and suffer minimal lag in comparison to the start, takes something like a day I suppose if I want it to crash. Feel free to read up on what LToD does if you're curious, but for now, glad to know it works, have a good game.

EDIT: Oh, and yes. +rep for reporting your problem with info instead of b'aaawing.

Last edited by waggywags: 05-07-2011 at 12:01 PM.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:28 PM   #7
l4dplyr

Hello. This might help, because I have had a couple of problems the last few days.

Are you playing the game with steam in offline mode?

If you are, that is the problem. Launch steam in online mode and the crashes go away.

I am not positive, but it may be related to ed achievements. It was happening to me five minutes into the game every time I loaded it. When I launched steam into online mode and played the game again, it didnt crash and roughly 5 minutes into the game I got an achievment.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:30 PM   #8
waggywags

He last stated that the game was working 'alright so far', @l4d. But hey, perhaps. It's an extra fix in case the current one proves temporary, I suppose.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:51 AM   #9
narrus

l4dplyr is right
Today I tried playing it in Offline Mode and I was crashed constantly again even though I had textures on demand turned off. Once in online mode I could play it well again.

If anybody knows how to fix this in offline mode it would be great. I often end up traveling and want to play some M&B while on the road in Offline Mode
narrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 05:52 AM   #10
waggywags

Enable cheat mode. It'll disable achievements and hopefully fix it.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:44 PM   #11
yorke6

Quote:
Originally Posted by waggywags View Post
Open launcher (ok, not sure if you steam people have it), Options/Properties/whatever you call it, set Load Textures on Demand to off. It should fix it, I think the problem is in the loading on the go. Can't be sure. Give an update on if it works or not if you don't mind.
Hey Waggywags!

The game would crash every time I try entering a Tavern, Arena or the street?! But after using your tip it works again. Thanks!!!
yorke6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mount & Blade series