Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Ship Simulator Extremes

Old 05-07-2011, 11:41 AM   #1
Tatox

Fix for Questviewer.exe crash

Fix for QuestVeiwer.exe load up ERROR.

First go to my computer locate where the game is saved, mine was something like this
C:/program files x86/steam/steamapps/common/ship simulator extremes/resources/redist.

Now install the following.
dxwebsetup (Note you may have to run this program to uninstall and then run it again to reinstall)
Physx_9.10.0129_systemssoftware.
vcredist.

now launch unregister.exe
C:/program files x86/steam/steamapps/common/ship simulator extremes/unregister.exe

After installing these files you will need to restart your computer.
When you log in to steam and try to start SSE it will seem as though it is not going to start but it will run for a few minutes and then away it goes.

This worked for me, all credit goes to the guy who wrote it not me. You need to follow it all through even though some parts may seem pointless follow it word to word and it should work.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:12 PM   #2
Sgt.Mays

Did not fix it
Sgt.Mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 03:17 PM   #3
Dartec

Cheers Tatox, it worked for me. Win 7 Sp1 XFX HD 5770 Intel i5.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:08 AM   #4
cccino

Thanks, worked for me too!
cccino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:06 AM   #5
Puppy Sandwich

I found two crash errors; first it crashes when the game tries to launch. Tatox's fix sorted that out the first time around. However, the game continued to crash for me when actually loading a mission to begin playing. The computer I was using at the time only just had the minimum specs, so I set all the graphics settings to lowest and it still kept crashing. I don't know how I got it to work; it basically just seemed to start working by itself after I reset my pc a couple of times. I wish I could offer more useful information, but Tatox's fix is definitely part of what's needed. Definitely follow Tatox's advice if you're having this probelm.

One thing Tatox doesn't make clear is that running unredister.exe looks as though nothing has happened; no window pops up and there is no user interface. It simply unregisters your copy of Ship Simulator and you need to re-enter your product key next time you launch. It might look as though it hasn't worked, but it has so still do it.
Puppy Sandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:27 PM   #6
smky143

Didnt work for me. Only thing it did was delete my saved game.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:51 AM   #7
rhinnc

Question No Joy

I have run the fix noted above, no joy.

I have uninstalled Ship Sim, still hangs on the viewer screen.

Any other suggestions?
rhinnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:25 AM   #8
Leon_Nor

Thanks, worked like a charm :-)
Leon_Nor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 03:39 AM   #9
So6

Not working

AMD Phenom II X4 965/ASUS CROSSHAIR III FORMULA/RADEON HD 5770 VaporX/4go DDRIII 12800/1600Mhz/Win7 home premium SP1

1/ In C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Ship Simulator Extremes\Resources\redist, i've installed dxwebsetup, the setup program said that a newer version is allready installed

2/ I've installed Physx_9.10.0129_systemssoftware and Vcredist with succes.

3/ In C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Ship Simulator Extremes i've executed unregister, no Window told me that it's ok but no errors message too.

4/Rebooting system and.....nothing changed, same error message "ship simulator extremes quest3d viewers registry key not found".

I'm fed up with it, the development studio have to provide a fixing patch.
So6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Ship Simulator Extremes