Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Everyday Genius: SquareLogic

Old 05-09-2011, 07:39 PM   #1
Mac Flavor

Can I manually move stats for a 2nd username?

I have Everyday Genius downloaded onto my desktop PC, my work laptop, and my HTPC. (Yeah, I kinda like the game. )

My wife has just started playing it on the desktop. Apparently the Steam Cloud will only sync my status, not hers. Is there a way for me to manually copy files to get her status synchronized on other platforms?

I'm hoping that I can just copy the contents of the \Steam\userdata\<account>\32159\remote folder from one PC to another. Has anyone tried this; and if so, had success?
Old 05-10-2011, 07:26 AM   #2
KHarward

TrueThought LLC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Flavor View Post
I have Everyday Genius downloaded onto my desktop PC, my work laptop, and my HTPC. (Yeah, I kinda like the game. )

My wife has just started playing it on the desktop. Apparently the Steam Cloud will only sync my status, not hers. Is there a way for me to manually copy files to get her status synchronized on other platforms?

I'm hoping that I can just copy the contents of the \Steam\userdata\<account>\32159\remote folder from one PC to another. Has anyone tried this; and if so, had success?
Only the first player is a "Cloud" player. This was due to the file-size limitations we had with Cloud. (Our saved games, despite being very compact, can grow extremely large if you happen to start but not finish thousands of puzzles.)

So the rest of the players are stored on the local hard drive, under the official Windows "Application Directory." On Vista and Windows 7, this is at:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SquareLogic

Where <username> is whomever you're logged into Windows as when you're playing.

On XP it is in a slightly different location (there are a number of posts in this forum that describe it.

So, the best you could do is to copy the files under that folder to the other machine. Then start on the other machine and it should have her player and progress. Of course, they won't stay synchronized--you would have to manually copy them back and forth.

This isn't something we're ever likely to change. I think we'll always stay with just the primary/first user being in the Cloud (we're more likely to fix it so that this user can choose not to be stored on the Cloud

I'm glad you both are enjoying the game!

Ken
KHarward is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Everyday Genius: SquareLogic