Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dwarfs!?

Old 05-13-2011, 02:52 PM   #1
Haihaine

Power of Two
Patch Notes

Patch Notes

We'll use this sticky to post all patch notes! Hopefully we didn't break the game while fixing it!

V1.03 -> V1.04

ADDITIONS:

* AwesomeDwarf is now voiced by Yogscast's Simon!

Some of you might recognize him from this awesome little video! The voicing is of all his main lines, so some very boring ones, like when you click the [?] in the tutorial don't have voice!

http://www.yogscast.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/BlueXephos

BUGS:

* Startup Crash "Exhibit C" should no longer manifest itself by crashing, but by disabling the sound
* Several mid-game crash issues has been remedied

V1.02 -> V1.03

ADDITIONS:

* Holes that sits on the mossy surroundings of your Town Hall will now be grown shut in time, regardless if lava or water is flowing down it or not! The only way to counteract this is to trap the cave which the hole is a part of. How long you have before the hole is grown shut depends on difficulty, with 10 seconds in T-Hardcore and 40 seconds on Easy!

BUGS:

* Even the most video-hating machines should now be able to run the game (although they can't watch the video entries in the Codex)

V1.01 -> V1.02

ADDITIONS:

* You can now move around the map with the arrow keys. Hold shift to speed this up. Zooming on the keyboard is now done with +/-
* You can now jump to the main base with both F1 and the more intuitive Home key
* You can now change resolution with the arrow keys as well as the dropdown in Options
* There is now an option for colorblind players which changes the colors of the in-game warnings to more trippy ones
* There is now a slider in Options/Gameplay that lets you increase the maximum zoom out level. Might affect performance!

FIXES:

* Score now has a tooltip
* Spidertower tooltip now includes the slow effect formula
* Spidertower upgrade menu now shows slow effect instead of delay
* The achievement definitions on Steam should now display correctly
* The mouse cursor is now contained when in full screen on extended displays
* Scrolling by moving the mouse to the sides in windowed mode is no longer a precision task akin to brain surgery
* XNA shouldn't attempt to reinstall every time you start the game anymore

BUGS:

* Fixed bug where an arrow could sometimes be drawn despite a lack of funds, resulting in a defective arrow which dwarfs ignored

Coming Up Next

* The 'hole exploit' will be rendered void in the next patch, which we hope will come live on Monday!
* Lots of other stuff

Last edited by Haihaine: 05-23-2011 at 04:25 PM.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:39 PM   #2
felipefill

Please implement in arcade and campaign mode a way to save the game progress... Whenever I need to stop a game, I have to start from the beginning
Old 05-13-2011, 10:35 PM   #3
Brendanoz

Yay for devs =D

thanks
Brendanoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:30 PM   #4
{Yotsuba}

* You can now move around the map with the arrow keys. Hold shift to speed this up. Zooming on the keyboard is now done with +/-
* You can now jump to the main base with both F1 and the more intuitive Home key
* There is now a slider in Options/Gameplay that lets you increase the maximum zoom out level. Might affect performance!
* The mouse cursor is now contained when in full screen on extended displays
* Scrolling by moving the mouse to the sides in windowed mode is no longer a precision task akin to brain surgery
* XNA shouldn't attempt to reinstall every time you start the game anymore

Yay for all of these =)
{Yotsuba} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 05:09 PM   #5
rassilon

Nice work on the patch. You did miss one bug in the resolution display. The menu ends at 1920x1200, making it impossible to select my monitor's native resolution (2560x1600.) The same thing happens on my wife's monitor, but in her case the menu stops around 1600x1050, leaving out 1920x1200.
rassilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:40 PM   #6
Haihaine

Power of Two
Quote:
Originally Posted by rassilon View Post
Nice work on the patch. You did miss one bug in the resolution display. The menu ends at 1920x1200, making it impossible to select my monitor's native resolution (2560x1600.) The same thing happens on my wife's monitor, but in her case the menu stops around 1600x1050, leaving out 1920x1200.
Actually, since you can now step through the resolutions with the arrow keys, you should be able to select any resolution your monitor supports!
Haihaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:11 PM   #7
rassilon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haihaine View Post
Actually, since you can now step through the resolutions with the arrow keys, you should be able to select any resolution your monitor supports!
This is true, but the menu itself is still broken. Nothing that can't be fixed with a simple scroll-bar.
rassilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 07:48 AM   #8
unrealkimahri19

hey i would like to see the feature to save you base defence mape, maby it gives you the option to save at the end of wave 4? after all construction is complete, and you just load from wave 4?
Old 05-15-2011, 12:28 PM   #9
woko

Talking

You forgot to mention the latest additions: gold-consuming-automatic-level-up for warriors and teleportation to nearby fight.
woko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:29 AM   #10
Dudler

Power of Two
(13) hours to next mini patch will fix the blow holes around base issue.

Cheers guys,
Robin
Dudler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:10 AM   #11
Haihaine

Power of Two
New patch is live! The infamous 'hole exploit' shouldn't be quite as useful anymore. Here's the patch notes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haihaine View Post
Patch Notes

V1.02 -> V1.03

ADDITIONS:

* Holes that sits on the mossy surroundings of your Town Hall will now be grown shut in time, regardless if lava or water is flowing down it or not! The only way to counteract this is to trap the cave which the hole is a part of. How long you have before the hole is grown shut depends on difficulty, with 10 seconds in T-Hardcore and 40 seconds on Easy!

BUGS:

* Even the most video-hating machines should now be able to run the game (although they can't watch the video entries in the Codex)
There will likely be another patch coming later this week, with some extra fixes... and Simon!

Last edited by Haihaine: 05-16-2011 at 11:13 AM.
Haihaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 03:14 PM   #12
Dreadjaws

Congratulations on fixing the cheap game-abusing hole thing, guys.
Dreadjaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:45 AM   #13
Rancor26

Any word about save game feature to endless mode? Is it going to happen? if it is then how soon 1 week, 1 month, 3 months? I know nothing about programming so i can't tell how long it would take to make such a feature
Rancor26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:02 PM   #14
KrazyKain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancor26 View Post
Any word about save game feature to endless mode? Is it going to happen? if it is then how soon 1 week, 1 month, 3 months? I know nothing about programming so i can't tell how long it would take to make such a feature
considering it is possible to fully uncover the endless map after a couple of hours, probably less.. I don't really see the point..if they make a system that continuously creates more map as you expand then a save system will be viable...
KrazyKain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:54 PM   #15
Rancor26

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKain View Post
considering it is possible to fully uncover the endless map after a couple of hours, probably less.. I don't really see the point..if they make a system that continuously creates more map as you expand then a save system will be viable...
I'm sorry but i'm not the kind of player that plays many hours straight especially when this game doesn't have that much variety in gameplay. I like to watch my dwarfs dig and i like to advance slowly. Perhaps it's not necessary for you but save feature would make playing much more enjoyable for me.
Rancor26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dwarfs!?