Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Hydrophobia: Prophecy

Old 05-13-2011, 05:51 PM   #1
freespace

Smile Wanted: More Hypdrophobia

Just finished this and wanted to add my positive experience of the game to counter some of the trolls.

Basically, I want more of this game. I haven't enjoyed a good sci-fi* shooter in a while and hydrophobia scratched that itch nicely.

The atmosphere of the game was bang on in the maintenance levels, though the plaza levels could have used more bodies and signs of celebration.

The water effect was absolutely fantastic, and the developers did a good job of not making the game revolve around the water physics, but rather supported story with it.

I really liked the characters, I want to eventually meet Scoot, and I congratulate the developers for creating a female protagonist that is smart (phd) and with sub-D bosoms. Though sometimes her reactions are a little too girly for a character that is also going around killing bad guys left right and center.

A "feature" that is not oft talked about is e-vision, which I loved. It demonstrates very nicely a practical and (soon I hope) feasible use of augmented reality. I was very impressed with its implementation.

Good job to the developers, it was $12 well spent. Please release a sequel where we see a bit more water power usage, though don't over do it

Old 05-13-2011, 05:54 PM   #2
DarkEnergy

Dark Energy Digital
Quote:
Originally Posted by freespace View Post
Just finished this and wanted to add my positive experience of the game to counter some of the trolls.

Basically, I want more of this game. I haven't enjoyed a good sci-fi* shooter in a while and hydrophobia scratched that itch nicely.

The atmosphere of the game was bang on in the maintenance levels, though the plaza levels could have used more bodies and signs of celebration.

The water effect was absolutely fantastic, and the developers did a good job of not making the game revolve around the water physics, but rather supported story with it.

I really liked the characters, I want to eventually meet Scoot, and I congratulate the developers for creating a female protagonist that is smart (phd) and with sub-D bosoms. Though sometimes her reactions are a little too girly for a character that is also going around killing bad guys left right and center.

A "feature" that is not oft talked about is e-vision, which I loved. It demonstrates very nicely a practical and (soon I hope) feasible use of augmented reality. I was very impressed with its implementation.

Good job to the developers, it was $12 well spent. Please release a sequel where we see a bit more water power usage, though don't over do it
Thank you very much for your feedback, great to hear you enjoyed the game and your input is appreciated. Don't worry, we've got lots of really great plans to bring you more Hydrophobia. What would you like to see from a sequel?
DarkEnergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:17 PM   #3
Jonny5300394

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkEnergy View Post
Thank you very much for your feedback, great to hear you enjoyed the game and your input is appreciated. Don't worry, we've got lots of really great plans to bring you more Hydrophobia. What would you like to see from a sequel?
OOO OOO OOO! Pick me!

I vote we get Nano Machines inside our body that allow the character to control water.

Kinda like off of AVATAR now that I think about it but I digress..

And if this Idea is in the first game my apologies, I haven't played it yet. Sound issues, and I can't check out the new update right now.
Jonny5300394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:32 PM   #4
freespace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkEnergy View Post
Exploration of the rest of Queen of the World, and possibly a touch of mass effect, where you get to run around and interact before hits the fan and it is run-run-run.

As for water powers,
Spoiler:
it would be awesome if you can ride the water tower, and reach high places or launch yourself. Be also useful if you can create a bow wave which knocks your enemies down. You can kinda do it by creating a water tower and letting it go, but more powerful version.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Hydrophobia: Prophecy