Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Command & Conquer series

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 05-13-2011, 07:58 PM   #1
Tiberius_Thyben

Red Alert 3 issues (Serial Number Invalid)

Hey. A friend and I bought Red Alert 3 from Steam two days ago to play it co op with a friend, but thenever I try to go online it says 'Serial Number Invalid' and rfefuses to work. Is there any way I can fix this? My friend is also having problems, no matter what he does, he seems to get a 'username invalid' when hye tries to log on.

Old 05-14-2011, 06:20 AM   #2
ConnorMTF2

Banned
I'm having the exact same issue as your friend, I just hope this gets fixed, I only want to play what I paid for.. -sigh-
ConnorMTF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 10:28 AM   #3
TheReDKinG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius_Thyben View Post
Hey. A friend and I bought Red Alert 3 from Steam two days ago to play it co op with a friend, but thenever I try to go online it says 'Serial Number Invalid' and rfefuses to work. Is there any way I can fix this? My friend is also having problems, no matter what he does, he seems to get a 'username invalid' when hye tries to log on.
for ur wrong key i dont know really u should call Ea.support.com so they give u a second key

for the invaield user he should click on regester it shows up once he click on that star or online botton then he fill it up then log in with the account he created at ea so he can play it too
TheReDKinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 02:44 PM   #4
Munkki

Me and my friend are having this issue too. "ID or Account name invalid". Contacted EA support and they said I should register the game for online play when installing. Too bad, with steam I can't install it the normal way... My EA account is fine and the CD key should be working. I wan't to play co-op with my friend and this is totally ridicilous. Paid 20 euros for this one...

I don't even know should I contact EA or valve about this.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:43 PM   #5
TheReDKinG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkki View Post
Me and my friend are having this issue too. "ID or Account name invalid". Contacted EA support and they said I should register the game for online play when installing. Too bad, with steam I can't install it the normal way... My EA account is fine and the CD key should be working. I wan't to play co-op with my friend and this is totally ridicilous. Paid 20 euros for this one...

I don't even know should I contact EA or valve about this.
wow ur a big idiot sorry but yes u are just create a new fked account u noob for the game and ull be able to play it online
ur Ea account is not fine if it was fine u should have logged normaly but u can not log in so ur accout is not fine then jus ttry creating a new account and the game well be playable online how many times im gona say it lamo
Old 05-24-2011, 12:20 AM   #6
Munkki

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReDKinG View Post
wow ur a big idiot sorry but yes u are just create a new fked account u noob for the game and ull be able to play it online
ur Ea account is not fine if it was fine u should have logged normaly but u can not log in so ur accout is not fine then jus ttry creating a new account and the game well be playable online how many times im gona say it lamo
Thanks for the awesome reply, I value it highly.

Anyway; I contacted EA and they said I should try the CD key with their EA downloader. When I entered the CD key, it was showed as "Red Alert 3 - Uprising", so basically for a wrong game. My friend did the same trick too with same results. If this is right, then the Steam has messed up. And the EA customer support said my account is working propely.

I need to check if the CD key is right or not...
Old 05-24-2011, 03:57 AM   #7
TheReDKinG

Quote:

Anyway; I contacted EA and they said I should try the CD key with their EA downloader. When I entered the CD key, it was showed as "Red Alert 3 - Uprising", so basically for a wrong game. My friend did the same trick too with same results. If this is right, then the Steam has messed up. And the EA customer support said my account is working propely.

ty

the cd key is for uprising that means yes the key is wrong
lame steam started to get mess up with the cnc games wrong key lamo i think u should call steam support in this cause cuz u bought the key from them its their mistake
Old 05-26-2011, 12:38 PM   #8
1gx1

Quote:

Hi mate I have the exact same issue as you. Contacted EA support first and they were very good about it and did the same for me as they did for you. They support guy confirmed for me that my key was an Uprising key not a vanilla RA3 key.

I really wanted to keep my games in Steam, so I raised a ticket with Steam Support explaining the issue including that the key is an Uprising key not a RA3 key. After 3 days, they sent a generic "this is how most users solve CD key issues" reply. This basically involved deleting the keys from the registry and getting Steam to reform them by checking for the game integrity. The thing is, we both know that the key itself is the problem so this won't solve anything. Sure enough I tried and it didn't. So just a heads up, if you get the same response, don't bother.

Can someone from Steam please sort this out? It can't be that hard to change a few keys...

Last edited by 1gx1: 05-26-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:34 PM   #9
Wright316uk

me and a mate is also having the same problems we bought it for the sole purpose of going thru the campaigns together. this need sorting please you steam type people
Wright316uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:04 PM   #10
Edaro

I'm still having the same problem.
Has anyone got it fixed?
Old 06-05-2011, 08:13 PM   #11
maikaregion

I too am having this exact same problem. This is steams up and they really need to get their asses on it
maikaregion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:34 AM   #12
Elearen

Volunteer Moderator
The best bet would be to get in contact with EA support at support.ea.com

I've forwarded this issue on to be looked at, but in the meantime the support reps should be able to help you out.

Old 06-06-2011, 12:41 PM   #13
1gx1

Update:
Talked to EA support again. Their stance is: "Your key that Steam provided you with is simply incorrect. It's a RA3: Uprising key, not a RA3 key. Unfortunately we can't make any changes to the Steam platform, so here's a complementary link for RA3 on EADM. If you want to keep RA3 in Steam, you'll have to talk to Steam. Besides, they were the ones who gave you the keys, and technically they are responsible for the whole issue."

I've continued to talk to Steam support through a ticket and they have point blank refused to replace my key with a working key. This is even after I told provided the EA support transcripts. Instead they have suggested verifying Game Cache Files option which I have multiple times and no surprise it hasn't worked.

Anyway, I have asked for the issue to be escalated and we'll see where it goes from there. Not sure why such a simple CD key is so difficult to handle. What a joke.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:20 PM   #14
Blazer71

OMG. You buy RA3 and instead Steam sends you a serial key for Uprising? On top of that you talk to Steam Support and explain the situation and provide proof of their mess up and they still can't help?

WHAT A BUNCH OF INCOMPETENT IDIOTS!!!!
Blazer71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:26 PM   #15
Mookiey

I registerd on the forums just to post, I am also having the same issue.
Bought the game for myself and a friend so we can play online, unfortunately the serials it's given us, is for "RA3: Uprising" not "RA3".

Upon contacting EA, I got exactly the same as 1gx1 (But didn't get the complimentary game - lucky thing). - This is the chatlog:

Quote:
Chat Transcript 06/06/2011 03:16 AM
'Norman' has joined the chat.
Me: Hi, I recently bought RA3 on Steam, and the serial key that Steam has given is for RA3: Uprising
Norman: Ok
Me: I can play the game offline, - perfectly, but when I try to play online, I get error of "Invalid Serial Key"
Norman: May I've the code that you're using and the EA account name Email address on which you're registering the game ?
Me: Sure:
[Serial/Account stuff]
Me: I have already registered it within EA Games Downloader, again it lets me download Uprising and not RA3
Norman: Let me check this please allow me few moments
Me: ok sure
Norman: Well you need to register the game in order to play the game in online mode
Norman: As I'm checking the code is showing unused and it's not registered
Me: I've added the code to "Orgin" and it says Already activated and given me the option to download RA3: Uprising
Me: As, I also encounter a message saying "Invalid EA Account Name ID" - When the account user/pass and account name are correct
Norman: I do understand you've activated the code on origins but you've not registered the game yet
Me: That's the problem, I can't register the game.
Me: When I try to log in in-game, it refuses to do so.
Norman: You're able to login when you register the game
Me: Either displays "Error: Invalid Serial Key" or "Your account ID/Online Nick are invalid"
Me: Where can I go, about registering the game?
Me: Because, i can't register the game in-game as it says "Linking Game to EA Account"
Me: and then, rejects it
Me: Where else can I register the game?
Norman: You need to register the game while installing the game
Me: But I didn't. I installed it off steam
Me: Steam didn't ask for the serial key
Me: Nor did any installer ask for the key.
Norman: Due to the nature of the issue, I’ll need to forward the matter for further review. One of our Senior Support staff members will review the matter in live chat support.
Me: I downloaded the game off steam, - Get given a serial key- but wasn't told to enter it anywere
Me: ok, - Will he join this, or will I be emailed/
Me: Will he join this chat? or will I receive an email?
Norman: Due to the nature of the issue, I’ll need to forward the matter for further review. One of our Senior Support staff members will review the matter in live chat support.
Me: Will one of the senior support, join this chat? or do I have to go elsewere?
Norman: No you don't need to go anywhere
Me: ok
'Norman' disconnected ('Transferred to Queue').
Hi, my name is Michael H.. How may I help you?
Me: Hello, are you a senior support?
Michael H.: Please give me a moment while I review the Chat Log so that I can understand exactly what the issue you are having is today and the troubleshooting steps that have already been done. Your time is very valuable to me and I do not want to waste it by doing troubleshooting steps we have already followed through with. Please take note of the following Chat ID: 759652. This will be very important if you happen to get disconnected anytime during this chat or need to refer back to this same issue. You can always get back in contact with Live Chat and give the next Agent your ID so you do not need to re-explain anything.
Michael H.: I see that you have a steam game and cant redeem the game
Me: That's correct. - It doesn't allow me to login online, I can play it offline perfectly
Michael H.: unfortunately EA does not have any tech support for the steam app
Michael H.: You will need to contact steam for their redeem process
Me: It's not the steam app at fault, its the serial code generated. - The code given is for RA3: Uprising. - As I tried to redeem the code within "Orgin" and it's given me the option to download RA3: Uprising
Michael H.: Ok
Michael H.: then the code worked in origins?
Me: Yes, but I bought Red Alert 3
Me: Yes, it does work but activated and allowed me to install RA3: Uprising, not Red Alert 3 - No Expansion
Michael H.: the games do not come with the expansions
Michael H.: the are sold sepreate and would use their own code
Me: I know. , The Serial key that steam has given me for "Red Alert 3" - When I redeem that within "Orgin" it activates for "Red Alert 3: Uprising" not "Red Alert 3" like I bought from steam.
Michael H.: Ok, and it works?
Michael H.: If the game insatlls what is the issue?
Me: The game works fine, but I did not want Uprising.
Me: I'm saying I bought Red Alert 3, not Uprising
Me: The serial key that was given to me by steam, activates Red Alert 3 - Uprising, not Red Alert 3.
Michael H.: then you may need to contact the steam company for a new code, since they took your purchase
Michael H.: Well, I can not grant a game for a purchase that EA did not receive payment for. EA did not make the mistake of granting you the wrong code.
Michael H.: You will need to contact the company who took your payment
Me: ... thanks.
Michael H.: Is there anything else i can assist you with today?
Me: If thats the case, and most likely that will be the only answer i'll get. Thanks for your time.
Michael H.: Great, well thank you for contacting Electronic Arts and for chatting with me and I was glad I was able to help you. You should be getting a survey in your e-mail for our chat and if you could fill that out it would be great. I will also be sending you an e-mail with the chat log in it. When you are ready, you can go ahead and press the disconnect button to exit the chat. Have a great day!
'Me' disconnected ('Concluded by End-user').
Please look into this steam.

Edit: Heres some proof of the problem that people are having in this thread - I have covered the serial up apart for the first 4letters (I dont want myself losing the game now )
http://www.mookie.me.uk/ra3-serials.png

Last edited by Mookiey: 06-06-2011 at 01:55 PM.
Mookiey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Command & Conquer series