Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Hydrophobia: Prophecy

Old 05-16-2011, 04:04 AM   #1
DarkEnergy

Dark Energy Digital
FAQ

Please check this FAQ if you have any issues to see if there is a solution before posting or contacting support@darkenergydigital.net

Q. AFTER THE INITIAL SETTINGS LAUNCHER, I CLICK THE PLAY BUTTON BUT THE GAME DOESN'T START.

A. There is a bug in the game which stops it running on the non-default graphics adapter. You may be able to work around this by trying all the adapters listed under the Render Device drop down list on the launcher.

Q. I CAN'T LOAD MY SAVE GAMES BEFORE THE LOAD GAME MENU OPTION APPEARS GREYED OUT.

A. There is a known issue which causes the Load Game menu option to appear greyed out even though the save games are still present. If you reboot the game you should find you can access the Load Game menu again.

Q. THERE IS TOO MUCH BLOOM IN THE GAME, CAN THIS BE REDUCED OR MANUALLY SET?

A. After some investigation, it's not possible for us to allow manual editing of the bloom because of the way our engine works without breaking the visualisations in other ways so unfortunately we cannot offer any control over bloom.

Q. I HAVE AN SLI/CROSSFIRE SETUP BUT GET POOR FRAMERATES

A. Try disabling SLI/Crossfire and see if performance improves. Alternatively try one of the profiles suggested by forum members which have worked for them e.g. http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1990049

Q. I HAVE STRANGE WHITE TEXTURES OR OTHER ODD GRAPHICAL ISSUES

A. Ensure that any overrides (particularly MSAA) are switched off in the Catalyst/NVidia control panel

Q. I GET A CRASH IMMEDIATELY WHEN I RUN THE GAME

A. Make sure you have the latest Service Pack installed for your operating system

Q. AFTER THE INITIAL SETTINGS LAUNCHER, I CLICK THE PLAY BUTTON BUT THE GAME DOESN'T START.

A. There is a bug in the game which stops it running on the non-default graphics adapter. You may be able to work around this by trying all the adapters listed under the Render Device drop down list on the launcher.

Q. I STILL CAN'T GET PAST THE DXSETUP STEP

A. Try installing directx and vcredist manually. You need to run 2 exes:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\hydrophobia\Redist\dx setup.exe

then

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\hydrophobia\Redist\vc redist_x86.exe

If that doesn't work then try to run the game directly ( but still with steam running )

by running -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\hydrophobia\HydroPC.e xe

Q. I'M STILL GETTING A CRASH ON LAUNCH HAVING TRIED THE ABOVE

A. Make sure your drivers are up to date

Last edited by DarkEnergy: 07-15-2011 at 01:44 AM. Reason: UPDATE
Old 05-16-2011, 04:13 AM   #2
makke007

Thanks Dark
makke007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:34 AM   #3
Simian_

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkEnergy View Post
Q. THERE IS TOO MUCH BLOOM IN THE GAME, CAN THIS BE REDUCED OR MANUALLY SET?

A. We are working on a system to allow you to alter the bloom level in the game
w00t.
Simian_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:27 AM   #4
netnerd85

Where's the games manual? pdf link?
netnerd85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:36 AM   #5
kwisatz

Another solution to the following:

The game starts, but immediatly closes. I tried the solution provided (for some reason my adapter shows up 4 times). Try turning off any extra displays (not power the monitor but from display poperties, for Windows 7 in "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display\Screen Resolution").
kwisatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:33 AM   #6
teacup

Hi Guys,

Just tried to play your game after buying it during one of the sales a bit back.

After the little Steam Install bit Steam does with all games it wouldn't launch, and now every time I try it just keeps popping up with "Steam is launching your game" then that closes then opens then closes again and again, with it staying open for like a second at a time. Sometimes it times out into an error message like error 80 steam couldn't launch your game.

I've updated my graphics card drivers, I've gone into the actual game files and installed the DX/VC stuff you mentioned and tried to start it with the actual .exe file. Nothing is helping. Anything else that I can try? My PC is definitely capable of running is, I've got a 2GB 6870, 4GB of RAM and an i5 2500k... Windows 7 64 bit if that matters.
teacup is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Hydrophobia: Prophecy