Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > SpaceChem

Old 05-18-2011, 10:44 AM   #1
Grimmeh

Mac OSX 10.6.7 - Can't Run SpaceChem?

Hello!

I'm having a problem launching SpaceChem on my MacBook Pro running OSX 10.6.7. The problem is it's not launching! The icon shows up in the dock for a split second and then disappears.

I have tried "patching" the game with the advice given in other threads, but I've had no success.

Is there something I'm missing? Help!

Thanks!

Old 05-18-2011, 05:21 PM   #2
Baylego

Oh no, that's not good. I was thinking about buying the game since it was on sale, but I am not so sure now. I hope this can be fixed!
Old 05-19-2011, 02:00 AM   #3
CascadeFury

From what I understand from the reddit thread you should NOT attempt to run the game before installing the patch. In that thread tpierry describes a method to uninstall and then reinstall the game and then patch it.

You could also check if mono(=.net) is installed properly. Since I don't own a mac I can't give you a step by step. FYI Mono is the open source implementation of the .net framework which SpaceChem uses.

Please let us know whether it's solved.

Cheers

Last edited by CascadeFury: 05-19-2011 at 02:02 AM. Reason: added emphasis
CascadeFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:27 PM   #4
Grimmeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CascadeFury View Post
From what I understand from the reddit thread you should NOT attempt to run the game before installing the patch. In that thread tpierry describes a method to uninstall and then reinstall the game and then patch it.

You could also check if mono(=.net) is installed properly. Since I don't own a mac I can't give you a step by step. FYI Mono is the open source implementation of the .net framework which SpaceChem uses.

Please let us know whether it's solved.

Cheers
I tried to patch the game without running it as well. To no avail, unfortunately.

I'll download the Mono Framework (I'm guessing you're talking about this) and try running it after that.

Edit: Downloading and installing the framework fixed this issue! Great! Thanks so much!

Last edited by Grimmeh: 05-19-2011 at 01:34 PM.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > SpaceChem