Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, The

Old 05-18-2011, 12:19 PM   #1
stevenxowens792

WITCHER 2 DEVS... Dragon Attack

Please do us gamers and yourselves a favor. I know in an opening scene you want to show off your graphic engine but for the sake of gamers that actually want to play how about HOLD OFF ON STUFF like Dragon attacks until later? Very simple and common sense stuff.

If your just learning the game and the prompt is telling you to click this and that and you die after 20 seconds each time it's not really going to entice folks to play the game. It's just going to p1ss people off.

Just my .02

StevenX
Old 05-18-2011, 12:21 PM   #2
Rudboy66

I think that scene was a bit rough as well. Kept looking for a icon to appear like the directions said and it never happened. Many attempts later I ended up figuring out how to make it past this scene. LOL
Rudboy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:33 PM   #3
djoffer

huh in my game(pc version, if that makes a difference) there was clearly marked each time u had to press the right mouse button... Made that scene damm easy to be honest The beginning of the dragon attack was hard as hell though
Old 05-18-2011, 12:36 PM   #4
Neverpleased

Press the right mouse button 3 times total is hard?

You have never played God of War have you? Some QTE's in there last 5 minutes. The Dragon bit was easy. After dying a few times I decided to wait and watch the dragon. I think the part is perfect to teach you something vital. Patience and observation.

I'm not joking when I say you'll have to observe and time your attacks or movements perfectly later on. Otherwise you'll get swarmed and chopped into bits.

But back to the first dragon scene and here is what I noticed is that there was a larger pause after the dragon flies over a few times. That's when you run between cover.

The second scene with the dragon is barely a challenge keep pressing S and do the QTE when prompted.

Last edited by Neverpleased: 05-18-2011 at 12:38 PM.
Neverpleased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:37 PM   #5
Civerneix

Hint: there are four ways you can start the game, with the dragon bit being the hardest IMO; you might find the other ones a liitle more "instructive". Also, you can change difficulty on the fly if you are having problems surviving it on normal.

Or you could just use what you have at your disposal - signs (Q), petards (R), and actually enjoy that part. Yeah, I died quite a few times there, too - and then died again and again further in the Prologue. Enjoying the "challenge" so far and not expecting the game to lead me by the hand though.
Civerneix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:49 PM   #6
stevenxowens792

I dont want it to lead my by the hand all game.. just the first few minutes so I can get used to the controls. This is at normal difficulty and again simple common sense stuff...
stevenxowens792 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:52 PM   #7
stevenxowens792

In my game it's not just a simple click the right mouse. This is during the actual rescuing of the king and a dragon attack and 3 groups of soldiers to kill... it never says "magically click the right button for this all to go away".. it is trying to give instructions for fighting but it's WAY LOST in all the fire, soldiers and everything else.

StevenX
Old 05-18-2011, 01:02 PM   #8
djoffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenxowens792 View Post
In my game it's not just a simple click the right mouse. This is during the actual rescuing of the king and a dragon attack and 3 groups of soldiers to kill... it never says "magically click the right button for this all to go away".. it is trying to give instructions for fighting but it's WAY LOST in all the fire, soldiers and everything else.

StevenX
Ahh oki i thought u talked about the stuff after that..

But yeah that part is wayyyy to hard, i do agree on that one What worked for me was to run into the 3 first guards with the kings and kill em quick. Then wait 10-15 sec while your companions chat it up, and then roll/run over to the next guards... Will take a few tries but is doable.

Hang in there beside that part i loved the game so fare
Old 05-18-2011, 01:06 PM   #9
stevenxowens792

Thanks... I love RPG's and Im not trolling. This is a nice change of pace from the shooters recently. Im an old school baldurs gate, ultima and that sort of stuff kinda gamer but I want to give this RPG a shot.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:08 PM   #10
djoffer

You wont be dissapointed i promise you that

Not sure why the devs decided to have such a ridicilus hard fight/sequense in the prologue part of the game
Old 05-18-2011, 01:13 PM   #11
donatom3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenxowens792 View Post

StevenX
The key in that scene is to not get hit by the dragon's fire. You have to have patience and wait for him to fly behind you before you run out in the open to the second set of bad guys.

Oh yeah and another hint for that section. Don't stand between Triss and the bad guys, or else you'll get hit by fireballs in the back that don't hurt you but interrupt your attacks and open you up to being attacked.
donatom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:16 PM   #12
thegazelle6

Yeah, that scene was weird.
I never saw the icons, clicked randomly for the first half then stopped clicking, and made it through on my first try.

From what I've seen on the forum, that whole sequence has been very hit or miss for users. Will probably be fixed in a patch fairly soon.
thegazelle6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:21 PM   #13
Civerneix

What I did :
1. Equip your Samum petards (press I, then drag them onto your hotkey bar).
2. Cast Quen on yourself. It absorbs some damage.
3. Run into the barracks on the left, press and hold R to target and cast the petard.
4. Avoid the fire and watch out for the dragon (you can look up, etc.).
5. Your companions help a bit so you can hide behind their backs when needed. :P
6. Rinse and repeat.
Civerneix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:23 PM   #14
Son, I am derp

I kept getting lit on fire by the dragon while I was under the roof. Four hours further into the game, and I have yet to die again since the 15 or so times I got toasted through the walls of those buildings.

The fights are fine, but that dragon's flame is just buggy and .
Son, I am derp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:24 PM   #15
SpiritSharD

Erm, when is this? I never got this at the start. =/ The only dragon bit I recall was when you have to run underneath some shelter and across a bridge away from it; there was no QTE's for me.
SpiritSharD is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, The