Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Portal 2

Old 05-18-2011, 01:42 PM   #1
fullracecam

portal 2 pc copy activation code used already?

I got the game brand new from walmart and after the PSN came back up I linked my steam UN fine. Went to my computer and entered the activation code on the card in the game case and it said this has already been used. I opend a trouble ticket with steam and the sent me a link to the playstation blog. The artical was from april 26 when the network went down. What is the point of this? Has anyone els run into this issue?

Old 05-30-2011, 11:55 PM   #2
fullracecam

Well I have an update, they are now requesting me to take a picture of the activation code with the ticket number writin above the code. OK, I have this- no problem. Now they would like a copy of the proff of purchase with the ticket number writin on it. I do not have this... I bought the game because the PSN was down and did not think to keep it. I bought it cash too, I'm f###ed. Any ideas ?
Old 05-31-2011, 12:08 AM   #3
OrangeNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullracecam View Post
Well I have an update, they are now requesting me to take a picture of the activation code with the ticket number writin above the code. OK, I have this- no problem. Now they would like a copy of the proff of purchase with the ticket number writin on it. I do not have this... I bought the game because the PSN was down and did not think to keep it. I bought it cash too, I'm f###ed. Any ideas ?
What they mean is to take a note, and write down the ticket number you submitted.
When you submit a ticket, it sends you an e-mail, search for the lines: 'Your ticket number is:XXX-XXX...' (or something like that)

Then take a camera or a scanner, and upload that picture (cd-key + YOUR ticket's number), and thats a proof of purchase.

Hope that thats was your question...

EDIT:
AFAIR, a cd-key + ticket number is all that needed... however, 'If any other type of payment was used, please explain this in the support ticket.'

Last edited by OrangeNinja: 05-31-2011 at 12:11 AM.
OrangeNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:55 PM   #4
fullracecam

Actually no.....but don't worry I guilt triped them into reactivating the code anyway but just so you know they where asking for both the picture of the voucher and the receipt. But thanks anyway, everything is resolved.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Portal 2