Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, The

Old 05-19-2011, 01:12 PM   #1
lawina

Question Need help with a 'secret'(?) puzzle room at chapter 3

Hello all, at the "For a Higher Cause" quest in chapter 3 I found a room in Loc Muinne with 4 fire symbols (see http://i53.tinypic.com/e96emo.jpg) which i have to extinquish in order. There is also a book in the room that reads the following:

Third generation rune combination
Glittering fish
Dying on a fresco
Struck by lightning

I have no idea on what combination i have to extinquish the symbols to solve this. The "Glittering fish" seems to be symbol #2 and "Struck by lightning" seems to be symbol #3 (see http://i53.tinypic.com/e96emo.jpg) - so i tried the possible combinations in that order, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Any help is highly appreciated.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:28 AM   #2
Jaft2010

Spoiler(s) Solution:

I started with the backwards letter N and worked my way counter-clockwise. If I remembered incorrectly, then I assure you that the one I started with was the first correct rune for me. I just found the solution a couple minutes ago via trial and error. I'm pretty sure you did the same thing already.
Jaft2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:16 AM   #3
anticitizen101

There are some books that explain the runes. Though they're only slightly useful, they do cut down on trial-and-error.
anticitizen101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:46 AM   #4
Sakaar

Quote:
Originally Posted by anticitizen101 View Post
There are some books that explain the runes. Though they're only slightly useful, they do cut down on trial-and-error.
Whut the books help alot you just have to read them and translate the puzzle its really easy with the books
Sakaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:46 AM   #5
burb2500

Taken from the guide provided by CDR. The combinations are randomized hence the two options given for each:

The correct combinations for breaking the seals:
Room to the left of the main city gate:
1) rune on the wall to the right from the entrance, rune on the wall to the right, rune on the floor
to the left and finally rune on the floor near the chest.
2) rune on the wall to the left from the entrance, rune on the floor to the left, rune on the floor
near the chest, rune to the right of the entrance.

Room to the right of the main city gate:
1) rune on the wall to the right of the entrance, rune on the floor to the right of the entrance, rune
on the wall to the left, rune on the floor to the left.
2) rune on the floor to the left of the entrance, rune on the wall to the right, rune on the floor
to the right, rune on the wall to the left.

Room in the ruins near the amphitheatre:
1) rune on the floor to the left of the entrance, rune on the floor to the right, rune on the wall
to the left, rune on the wall to the right.
2) rune on the floor to the right of the entrance, rune on the floor to the left, rune on the wall to
the left, rune on the wall to the right.
burb2500 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, The