Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, The

Old 05-19-2011, 05:58 PM   #1
Necrosis

"Quick Save" & "Quick Load"

Am I missing something? Is there any way to bind saving and loading to keyboard keys instead of having to go into the menu every time?

I don't want to start or anything but if you can't it is really starting to seam that CD didn't want user controlled saves in this game. Falling back to that bastard child born of consoles, checkpoint saves.

I really hope there is a way to bind it. I'm already greatly jarateed off at all bindings being controlled OUTSIDE the game as well as 99.99% of the graphical settings.

Something smells... off.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:01 PM   #2
ShadyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrosis View Post
Am I missing something? Is there any way to bind saving and loading to keyboard keys instead of having to go into the menu every time?

I don't want to start or anything but if you can't it is really starting to seam that CD didn't want user controlled saves in this game. Falling back to that bastard child born of consoles, checkpoint saves.

I really hope there is a way to bind it. I'm already greatly jarateed off at all bindings being controlled OUTSIDE the game as well as 99.99% of the graphical settings.

Something smells... off.
F5 works as a quicksave, but there's no quickload. You'll have to go to the main menu and load games from there.
ShadyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:04 PM   #3
Necrosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyGuy View Post
F5 works as a quicksave, but there's no quickload. You'll have to go to the main menu and load games from there.
It does? Gahh. Seams like Witcher 2 does not respect the 'FN' key (or F keys in general) on my laptop when the game is running.

Found out really quick its imposable for me to change the volume on my laptop when the game is up and running as the FN key is ignored. So FN+F8/F9 wont do volume down and up respectively. Quite damned annoying as it works fine in every other game.

Alienware m11x R2.
Necrosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:40 PM   #4
StingingVelvet

You might be able to remap quicksave in the ini file.
StingingVelvet is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, The