Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Fable series

Old 05-20-2011, 07:35 PM   #1
Goatman455

Will 360 DLC Work With PC Version?

If I use the same Games for Windows screen name, do I have to buy the DLC twice? Once for the 360 and once for the PC.

If so, this is the lamest nickel and diming I've ever seen, I've already bought the game twice, don't make me pay for everything else twice.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:38 PM   #2
SpazticKilla

Banned
why would you buy the same game twice? did you sell your console copy? i have a 360 and i would never buy a game i have on 360 for pc... i have gta 4 on pc and gta liberty city stories on 360 but i wouldnt buy a copy for both... thats just lame

but to answer your question, i am not sure... i do not see why they would charge you twice for dlc if it is the same title... but then again, they do charge you for each copy of the game you buy... even if it is for the same console or pc :|
SpazticKilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 07:56 PM   #3
Goatman455

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazticKilla View Post
why would you buy the same game twice? did you sell your console copy? i have a 360 and i would never buy a game i have on 360 for pc... i have gta 4 on pc and gta liberty city stories on 360 but i wouldnt buy a copy for both... thats just lame

but to answer your question, i am not sure... i do not see why they would charge you twice for dlc if it is the same title... but then again, they do charge you for each copy of the game you buy... even if it is for the same console or pc :|

I just wanted to play it on the PC too because my PC is really good, it's kind of stupid, but it's even worse they don't hook up their good customers with a discount on the PC version. Anything they can do to make money.

It makes me a little worried that the DLC won't transfer over, though I can't log into my 360 and PC at the same time with the same account, so if they are treated as one like that, they really shouldn't charge me twice. That would be a huge double standard, only treating them as equals when it benefits MS but not treating it as equals when it benefits the customer.

Anyone know for sure what the deal is, whether the DLC transfers?

Last edited by Goatman455: 05-20-2011 at 08:01 PM.
Goatman455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:58 PM   #4
gemino

You can login with the same Live ID, but Games for Windows and xbox games don't mix, you'll have to re-buy everything ...
Old 05-20-2011, 11:15 PM   #5
Goatman455

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemino View Post
You can login with the same Live ID, but Games for Windows and xbox games don't mix, you'll have to re-buy everything ...

Yet when I log into it on PC it kicks me off my Xbox, what a lame double standard. Should have expected as much from Microsoft, that company has very little integrity.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:33 PM   #6
Havenlol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatman455 View Post
Yet when I log into it on PC it kicks me off my Xbox, what a lame double standard. Should have expected as much from Microsoft, that company has very little integrity.
Your idiocy is absolutely astounding.
Havenlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 12:37 AM   #7
Jack Pipsam

no, gameroom is the only game were if you buy DLC on one you get it on the other
Jack Pipsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 12:53 PM   #8
Goatman455

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havenlol View Post
Your idiocy is absolutely astounding.

Your arrogance is amazing.

Are you kidding, you don't see the double standard of them treating it as a unified account when it suits them, and as a separate account when it suits them? That sir, is a double standard.

It's astounding how many people are more confident than they are smart. I guess it's more survivable that way, but man is your head up your .

Last edited by Goatman455: 05-21-2011 at 12:56 PM.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Fable series