Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Terraria

Old 05-21-2011, 09:55 AM   #1
Barkingspider73

Is there a sale anywhere on Terraria?

I would like to get this game, but I would rather not spend $10 on it. Does anyone know of a sale anywhere for Terraria?
Old 05-21-2011, 10:03 AM   #2
Neverman

I would like to know to + It costs 10 euros for me, wish we had fair prices...
Neverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:03 AM   #3
mexicanspice916

Sorry, but I'm not sure about a sale for the game. But I think you should know this game is well worth MORE than $10. If you are a fan of the gameboy Legend of Zelda games with a little mix of Minecraft, I guarantee you will not regret buying this game. Haha and you can even reason it the way I did, next two times you want to get Subway, just say no to those delicious $5 foot longs
Old 05-21-2011, 10:20 AM   #4
Bikes

It came out less than a week ago and is exclusive to steam -_-
Bikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:23 AM   #5
LauZaIM

I can understand the whole 10 euro thing, not wanting to pay more then the normal value but, not wanting to pay $10? Come on now...I can't imagine that being a problem for anybody except someone that is asking their mom to buy it and shes really cheap or just doesn't like you.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:23 AM   #6
OmegaRed60

It's also in beta and will supposedly increase in price later.
OmegaRed60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:24 AM   #7
Zukabazuka

The price is only gonna go up, Read that it would be on 10$ but once the free content start coming out the game would most likely see a price increase. While we who have bought it early doesn't have to pay for it those who wait have to cash out more.
Zukabazuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:24 AM   #8
tixe

Guys, this game came out not so long time ago and is the top selling game at steam at the moment.

I bought this game for 10euro and I didn't play minecraft before. the game is worth it, you will spend many hours playing this game for just 10 euro. If it cost 10 euro it also means you live somewhere in Europe and you can afford it. I do like the game although I need to do more research at terraria wiki to know more about npcs and items. It's still a little hard for noobs to start it all.

I know I tried to get merchant to appear in my underground house and nothing happend. So I built a quick house on the top and the merchant appeared in no time. These small things need to be included in some guide.
tixe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:30 AM   #9
Neverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tixe View Post
Guys, this game came out not so long time ago and is the top selling game at steam at the moment.

I bought this game for 10euro and I didn't play minecraft before. the game is worth it, you will spend many hours playing this game for just 10 euro. If it cost 10 euro it also means you live somewhere in Europe and you can afford it.
Comparing Europe countries isn't so simple, for example my country's economy sucks so many balls, I lost count long ago.

Of course, I can afford it. Everyone can. And I'd probably would have bought it by now, if my credit card wasn't in the process of renewal, but finding a sale by the time it's done, wouldn still be great. I hate getting ripped off, because of the country I'm in, but steam is my only source of games.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:53 AM   #10
phillibl

I live in the US and am willing to be a middle man. pm if you want to talk
phillibl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:54 AM   #11
Lemming Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaRed60 View Post
It's also in beta and will supposedly increase in price later.
It's not, but it's beta quality. If it were a beta Steam would have a preorder button.
Lemming Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:07 AM   #12
Fox_McCloud

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemming Jesus View Post
It's not, but it's beta quality. If it were a beta Steam would have a preorder button.
Games can be sold as betas look at Sanctum. It was a "pre-order" but you got "access to the beta" instantly.
Fox_McCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 12:01 PM   #13
Osho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverman View Post
I would like to know to + It costs 10 euros for me, wish we had fair prices...
Wah Wah Wah....

It does kinda suck... but there are games where it works out in your favor too.
Osho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 12:04 PM   #14
OneGoldenRing

Quote:
<@Blue> ok, officially listing the release price at 9.99, it will remain at that price for a short time.
( http://www.terrariaonline.com/thread...ort-time.2713/ )

The price will probably increase because this version of Terraria IS an incomplete beta receiving updates. The polled fanbase wanted an earlier release at the expense of having everything updated as time went on as opposed to having it all there instantly, so the dev team gave it to them.

I have heard that the incomplete release and lower price also had something to do with people starting to leak the game, but I have not personally seen proof or discussion from the makers concerning this.

So technically, yes. The steam price tag can be more or less considered as being a sale.
OneGoldenRing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 12:16 PM   #15
Neverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osho View Post
Wah Wah Wah....

It does kinda suck... but there are games where it works out in your favor too.
Well, if I was in America and everything was peachy on my side, I'd probably think like that too.

And about prices working in our favor, haven't seen one game that was cheaper for us. If there was such occasion, I probably didn't notice over how ed over we get every time

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Terraria