Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > RACE series

Old 05-21-2011, 11:56 PM   #1
bamboosha

Skidrow

Steam ID cracked user SKIDROW -- running steam bypass version of race07!!!!

For the past week user named SKIDROW has popped up in several servers, and now i see 2 or 3 of them in a single server. Apparently the well known skidrow, now has a steam id cracked version of race07 as a torrent download. Not sure but but i've heard all simbin titles from steam has been cracked. So now there are millions of users joining server with a crack that bypasses steam. Hopefully simbin and steam can resolve this issue. More and more public servers are being password protected because of this. This is bad news since it can close down simbin pretty quick

tacken from Racedepartment.com

Old 05-29-2011, 04:44 PM   #2
irogue

I don't think posting that information in a public thread is helping, perhaps edit the post and refer it via PM (Private message) to a simbin rep instead.
irogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:29 PM   #3
BoneFlavoredGum

You gotta think too, of those who pirated the game, how many would have bought it? Also, of those who pirated the game, how many will buy it to support the developer? I've personally gone that route many times. Not with this game though, being 6 bucks, it was an easy buy.
BoneFlavoredGum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:59 PM   #4
jblackrupert

I bought the game it refuses to run.

I'll be grabbing the Skidrow release and feel no shame whatsoever.
had to do that with several games.

Bulls#$%# DRM is forcing many people to download pirate copies just so they can use the game they paid for.

Last edited by jblackrupert: 11-01-2011 at 08:01 PM.
jblackrupert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:58 PM   #5
Rapakiv

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblackrupert View Post
DRM is forcing many people to download pirate copies just so they can use the game they paid for.
Let me understand

you bought a game from steam , but he doesn't run in your machine, and you download a cracked version that does run in your computer?!?!?!

Or you are saying that you are "downloading" a cracked version of the game not to support a DRM?!?!?!

You know that programmers don't survive only with air?!?!?!
Rapakiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:29 PM   #6
HoshiSan

The problem is getting worser every day, it's effectively impossible to drive on a public server nowadays since they are all populated by skidrow wrecker tards.
Is anyone from Valve listening? Not only that these idiots don't support the developers and Valve/Steam but also they spoil the fun for all legal customers.

There are your sales going

Edit - related quote from raceroom forums

Quote:
It seems last update have work only 5 or 6 days cause skidrow have cracked race injector.

There are hundred of SKIDROW players joining our servers. In 2 hours (from 18:00 to 20:15 or so) i have been kicking and banning more than 100 skidrow players from our servers (c-online). Apparently the button "kick&ban" of the dedicated server dont work, cause i ban then and they can rejoin.

here are some examples:

-Too much drivers with steamId=0 and it seems they can join at the same time with the same steamid

Driver=SKIDROW
SteamUser=SKIDROW
SteamId=0

Driver=Roy
SteamUser=SKIDROW
SteamId=0

Driver=ToberG
SteamUser=SKIDROW
SteamId=0

Driver=SKIDROW
SteamUser=SKIDROW
SteamId=0

Driver=Speedfreak
SteamUser=SKIDROW
SteamId=0

Driver=Pheno
SteamUser=SKIDROW
SteamId=0

Driver=vlad
SteamUser=SKIDROW
SteamId=0

Driver=Budmonster
SteamUser=SKIDROW
SteamId=0

Driver=jesus alonso
SteamUser=SKIDROW
SteamId=0

Driver=denis
SteamUser=SKIDROW
SteamId=0

Driver=Mitja
SteamUser=SKIDROW
SteamId=0

Driver=Chrys
SteamUser=SKIDROW
SteamId=0

Driver=Standa
SteamUser=SKIDROW
SteamId=0

Driver=Evgee
SteamUser=SKIDROW
SteamId=0

Driver=Holger666
SteamUser=SKIDROW
SteamId=0

Driver=Lirelok
SteamUser=SKIDROW
SteamId=0

-Some drivers with aparently a real steamId (less than 46 millions) but with SteamUser=SKIDROW

Driver=OZAN ULKUGIL
SteamUser=SKIDROW
SteamId=

Driver=Dimon
SteamUser=SKIDROW
SteamId=

Driver=ch1zh
SteamUser=SKIDROW
SteamId=1242016

Driver=Yura Bogatyrev
SteamUser=SKIDROW
SteamId=

-Mostly of them with faked steamId (more than 46 millions)

Driver=SKIDROW
SteamUser=SKIDROW
SteamId=84515536

Driver=SKIDROW
SteamUser=SKIDROW
SteamId=70679896

Driver=SKIDROW
SteamUser=SKIDROW
SteamId=70087456

Driver=pietrosky
SteamUser=SKIDROW
SteamId=82547408

Driver=Andreas Hoffmann
SteamUser=SKIDROW
SteamId=67924768

Driver=Cris
SteamUser=SKIDROW
SteamId=62324736

Driver=---PiterSpeed---
SteamUser=SKIDROW
SteamId=80774960

Driver=SKIDROW
SteamUser=SKIDROW
SteamId=63766528

Driver=Andrius
SteamUser=SKIDROW
SteamId=62390272

Driver=Greig Ward
SteamUser=SKIDROW
SteamId=93553624

Driver=helgo
SteamUser=SKIDROW
SteamId=79005488

Driver=jprb
SteamUser=SKIDROW
SteamId=81360504

Driver=GoldSter
SteamUser=SKIDROW
SteamId=82347824

Driver=Jeffy
SteamUser=SKIDROW
SteamId=69829592

Driver=Patrickx Star
SteamUser=SKIDROW
SteamId=54224984

Driver=A-dee
SteamUser=SKIDROW
SteamId=84371488

Driver=Player1
SteamUser=SKIDROW
SteamId=65374000

Driver=Paighin Iaroslav
SteamUser=SKIDROW
SteamId=52035584

Driver=P,Peryt
SteamUser=SKIDROW
SteamId=98469776

Driver=12
SteamUser=SKIDROW
SteamId=51642368

Driver=colossus
SteamUser=SKIDROW
SteamId=78542456

Driver=bubi
SteamUser=SKIDROW
SteamId=80050640

Driver=SKIDROW
SteamUser=SKIDROW
SteamId=84253392

Driver=Killy
SteamUser=SKIDROW
SteamId=124115352

Driver=Crisryan Muraveli
SteamUser=SKIDROW
SteamId=82150360

Driver=cos
SteamUser=SKIDROW
SteamId=85099480

Driver=Player1
SteamUser=SKIDROW
SteamId=74153048

Driver=jachaj
SteamUser=SKIDROW
SteamId=80453376

Driver=Poul
SteamUser=SKIDROW
SteamId=81690256

Driver=SKIDROW
SteamUser=SKIDROW
SteamId=75265656

Driver=bkk85
SteamUser=bkk85
SteamId=46386283

I wish simbin could make powerfull tool to the dedicated servers.

Removed some Stuff here aswell ....Andi

It would be a great idea that simbin could make the game check all the folders on it... and when the "SKIDROW" folder is founded, simbin could send a virus to the owner of this cracked game.

Sorry for the big post, and i hope simbin can do something soon before all lovers of simbin games change to rfactor2 when it will be out or other racing games.

Last edited by HoshiSan: 11-21-2011 at 11:39 PM.
HoshiSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:57 AM   #7
dragon95688

This is a Valve issue. Not a SIMBIN issue. Valve needs to change how Steam authentication is done and shut out the pirates.

I am a legimate owner of Race 07 and most addons.

I am asking Valve what they will do, if anything. Lets hope for the best. This game is great.

Last edited by dragon95688: 11-22-2011 at 06:09 AM.
dragon95688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:46 AM   #8
Lasse

Valve has done nothing to prevent these users with cracked Race07 clients, to enter the online lobby. For six months cracked Race07
clients could access the online lobby. When Race Injection came out, it took 3 days and now cracked Race Injection clients hace
access to the online lobby. At one point 15 of 20 users in a server, were running a cracked version of Race injection.
How bad is the steam authentication when users login to the online lobby, and why on earth did valve not do a damn thing to prevent
cracked clients from entering the online lobby?.

I have sent a pm to valve staff member BurtonJ http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...r.php?u=419397

Hopefully Simbin are taking this abit more seriously than last time. I mean when 15 of 20 users in a server are running cracked clients, something nedds to be done quick. Send complaints to BurtonJ, the more pm's posted to him the faster the wheels are set in motion.

Last edited by Lasse: 11-22-2011 at 10:11 AM.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:14 AM   #9
kralj svemira

It's quite sad that people are actually stealing a 5€ 5 year old game.

All you can do is race on servers with proper admins around.
kralj svemira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:49 PM   #10
dragon95688

I checked with Valve and they said it's Atari/Simbin's problem. Valve has nothing to do with this.
dragon95688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:08 PM   #11
HoshiSan

Who said that? I always thought Valve is responsible for this kind of copyright infringement issues, since it's their very own copy protection used by Simbin......this renders Steam completely useless
HoshiSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:23 AM   #12
ToothFaerie

Nice to see Steam taking responsibility. If SimBin were the hosts of the game and the lobby then I would complain to SimBin. I've already posted that I will not be buying any more games from Steam as they have little to no concern for their customers. I have spent £100's of pounds on games, addons and DLC, but the lackluster apology and the total sham of the reinstall has left a very bitter taste in the mouth.

Steam have not even had the balls to come on here and explain what they are doing to stop SKIDROW, maybe they just don't have the talented individuals that Skidrow have. Since the update I have seen no personal email, discount voucher or even a decent apology.

I personally have tried everything to make other Race users games work. I have spent hours removing files, reinstalling backups, moving files, reworking config files, all to no avail. In the end I had to reinstall the entire Race series, every addon Race on/GTR Evo/Retro etc etc.

Let me run through some of the problems you caused with your latest upgrade and downgrade. If I exit Race07 and then wish to start it again, I had to shutdown Steam and restart steam to restart Race. To load the game took well over four minutes. I had two Race07 folders, one in Common and one under my Steam user name. If I removed the one in the Common Folder, Steam would reinstall it even though it is not used to start the game.

In the end I had to delete local content via steam, then shut down steam and delete the folders properly as Steam had removed NOTHING! Then I installed everything again. This was great as it reinstalled Race07 back in the Common folder GGGGGRRRREEEEAAAATT! So delete content again, delete the folder that had not been deleted by steam, delete all of steam except steamapps and Steam.exe. Fire up the game and it reinstalled everything in the right place (whence it had come from however many weeks ago that was).

Now my game fires up in 30-45 seconds and works like it did before the wonderfully inept updates. Not one message to anyone that you 'Steam' have messed up. Thank you Steam for proving that you really don't care about us CUSTOMERS, you care for our Money, but are lacking in every way possible when it comes to keeping you customers safe and happy.

Terrible customer care, well none existent customer service. Also next time you want to roll out an update why not do it in the week so that we can enjoy our weekends, from the jobs we work at to pay you money to mess up our games.

SOME IDEAS THAT MIGHT HELP YOU HELP YOUR CUSTOMERS
  1. DO THE UPDATES ON A TUESDAY! not on a Friday when people want to relax with friends.
  2. Don't move software you know nothing about.
  3. Keep your customers loyalty by listening to their concerns.
  4. APOLOGIZE properly if you mess up. Sending a discount voucher, email or a free game can help keep us on your team.
  5. DON'T BLAME OTHERS FOR YOUR MISTAKES!!!
  6. Most of all whistle if you think I will give you lot of scum any more money. I hope I am not the last to see the light when it comes to your horrendous way of treating customer. Has anyone received an email explaining what they did and how to recover your game? I think not.

Good riddance, never again will I be stung.

P.S. SKIDROWS were still on the servers when everyone else had a broken game, so proving that it is your mess up not SIMBIN's. TAKE RESPONSABILITY, you take the cash so take the pain also.

Last edited by ToothFaerie: 09-18-2012 at 06:29 AM.
ToothFaerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:36 AM   #13
genbrien

Angry

what's jarateing me off is that I only get about 4 hours/week to play online, and like yesterday, I made 6 races, and 5 where a total wreck by those **** Skidrow player that runs headon agaisnt you

Something MUST be done, and I don't care if it's Steam of Simbin problem
genbrien is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > RACE series