Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > DETOUR

Old 05-23-2011, 03:15 PM   #1
clok1966

tile placement-WHY!!!!

I like the idea, but the game is not very "robust". I am only at about the 5th tutorial and the game wont let me place tiles. At first I was assumign I was placing them wrong (and maybe am) but one game I can make a bridge over water, the next I just get the annoying BUZZ sound in the exact same spot. I have a road going horzontal to water, I cant make a 90 and go across it? We are talking the 5th tutorial level I believe (first with Pirate guy) goldmind in center of map. I go 2 tiles out then left so i can place a bridge across water to goldmine and continue on... i can make a bridge if i go striaght but not a 90 turn? This game needs some kind of PLACEMENT tutorial.

it wouldnt be so bad but up till this the 2nd player hasnt even got a signle truck to edge of map by the time Im done. Now i cant evebn launch a truck before he is done. Kinda ramp on dificullty.

I know, I dont know what Im doing, but ... geez frustration...
Old 05-23-2011, 03:15 PM   #2
SNDZag1

Sandswept Studios
Roads can only connect to bridges on either end (not the sides of either end). Bridges require grass (or similar tiles) on both ends. The ends do not create the tiles, they simply replace them.

Here, I made a picture using Challenge #5. (omg spoilers)

p.s. Does any one reading who has played extensively want to make a guide/FAQ for DETOUR? Could be very helpful, and save us some time on our end. (We've got a lot we're doing!)

Last edited by SNDZag1: 05-23-2011 at 03:45 PM.
SNDZag1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:48 PM   #3
clok1966

Many thanks that clears that up... I was mistaken thinking i had connected one that way. Like the game, but something on what is allowed and isnt would be cool.. and yes maybe spoil the fun of figureing it out.

thanks for quick reply! and forgive the cranky question, frustration is a killer, if the game didnt make me want to play I wouldnt be frustrated.
clok1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:51 PM   #4
SNDZag1

Sandswept Studios
Bridges and tunnels have been a point of confusion, partly because we designed them to bit an 'on the fly' puzzle element, and also because people expect them to work a certain way that we never intended.

Tunnels and Bridges are bi-directional, no more, no less. They don't cross or connect from more than 2 sides, like roads do.

We'll take the blame for the initial confusion, but I think once you figure them out, it all starts making sense. (Chances are you won't run into the same problem later on )

Happy playing!

SNDZag1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > DETOUR