Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Ancients of Ooga

Old 05-23-2011, 09:01 PM   #1
Michlo

Thumbs down Rip-off

Utterly rubbish.

Can't re-map controls. Won't go full screen. Couldn't even get the camera to follow the character.

NOT worth it.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:50 AM   #2
inspiral66

Agreed. I bought it when i saw it was by the same publisher as Cloning Clyde, which is pretty good. It took me about ten minutes to realise I'd made a terrible mistake buying Ancients of Ooga, though. I feel quite angry that I wasted my money on this tosh.
inspiral66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 05:12 PM   #3
Sharkey

The art style is tempting, kind of like Zuma (which I like), and the description on the store page sounds awesome!

But oh well, I'll check out Cloning Clyde someday soon.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 05:53 PM   #4
viggoss

yes , and the multilanguage don t work , i set it in french or others languages , only english work , really disapointed .

This is a shame to sell this game with these problems here and up (no fullscreen ,résolution only config by a .txt , and no language settings).

viggoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:49 PM   #5
isolated1

Quote:
Originally Posted by viggoss View Post
yes , and the multilanguage don t work , i set it in french or others languages , only english work , really disapointed .

This is a shame to sell this game with these problems here and up (no fullscreen ,résolution only config by a .txt , and no language settings).

What file do you edit/What do you type into that file to run the game in 1920 x 1080? I wont buy the game unless you can. Please let me know if it is possible?
isolated1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:15 AM   #6
inspiral66

Besides the issues already mentioned, the game is frustrating as hell to control. As it happens, Cloning Clyde, suffered many of the issues above, such as non-working fullscreen mode and, until patches came out, poor language support, but the game was so much fun to play I forgave its shortcomings. AoO though is not fun. The screenshots and description are somewhat deceptive.

Be interesting to see if the publishers release a demo. Often, a lack of demo means the publisher/developer knows the product isn't all that good. I'll be keeping an eye on these boards to see if patches are released to improve the game. I hope so. I really do hate to waste my money on a game I uninstall after fifteen minutes...
Old 05-25-2011, 08:10 AM   #7
koac

It's interesting to read these comments, cause based on TotalBiscuit's WTF video it looks like a fun game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DxQU...&feature=feedu
koac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:11 AM   #8
Nevilock(BWG)

Bacon Wrapped Games
We are absolutely patching Ancients of Ooga, and I'm really sorry you're experiencing these issues. We will not leave you out in the cold on language selection and fullscreen support. Expect a patch in the next few days.
Nevilock(BWG) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:13 AM   #9
Cymen90

First thread in the forum and only complains. Wow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevilock(BWG) View Post
We are absolutely patching Ancients of Ooga, and I'm really sorry you're experiencing these issues. We will not leave you out in the cold on language selection and fullscreen support. Expect a patch in the next few days.
Thanks for the support. Expect a boost in sales.

Last edited by Cymen90: 05-25-2011 at 08:15 AM.
Cymen90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:17 AM   #10
Philx2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymen90 View Post
First thread in the forum and only complains. Wow.

Thanks for the support. Expect a boost in sales.
That video convinced me to buy, regardless of other comments.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:43 PM   #11
isolated1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevilock(BWG) View Post
If I buy it after its patched, will I be able to play in 1080p like Cloning Clyde?
isolated1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:47 PM   #12
Nevilock(BWG)

Bacon Wrapped Games
Yeah, 1080p is easily supported. I'll put it on the list.
Nevilock(BWG) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:35 PM   #13
PurSpyk!!

Could we also have a demo once the new features have been added, I found a 60 min demo on another site, but the limited screen size, no graphics configuration etc made the game not look good at all. Adding things like Anti Aliasing would that be possible?
PurSpyk!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:30 AM   #14
Kaese

I have been thinking about posting this for a really long time.
Decided to post because what happend here made me so damn sad.

I betatested Ancients of Ooga, liking the game itself alot actually.
The puzzles seemed harder and more challenging than in Cloning Clyde.
A solid "sidescroll jump'n run puzzler", rare these days on the PC, so even more welcome.

Now... during the beta I mailed around 10 bugs/problems with the game to the developers.
Including the resolution/fullscreen problems and also a gamebreaking bug not letting me finish the game.
All happy about helping some guys with their game and generally getting involved more with the game industry I awaited the release.

Here is the sad part, the game did not update a single time between beta and launch(now).

Yeah, chances are that you paused there for a while when reading it.
I launched it a few times now, hoping my game is just bugged out and will update to some other patched retail version everyone else has. Nothing.
Not a single problem/bug fixed.

I can sense people raging "Why didn't they test their game before releasing it?!" or "how the hell did no tester encounter this problem?!" and it just makes me sad.

Again, the game itself is pretty awesome.
So don't get me wrong, check out the "wtf-is" video others posted which is pretty accurate and tells you how awesome it is.

Just wishing all this went down differentl.
It's not like the problems are totally unexpected and you(devs) are now getting to fix them immediately.
You know about them for atleast one and a half month.

I hope this does not come off harsh or aggressive, just needed to clear my mind.
Pretty sure this ended my betatester career, atleast for BWG/NinjaBee, still had to do it.
Kaese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:06 AM   #15
inspiral66

Interesting post, Kaese. While I applaud the developers coming here to reassure us that bug fixes are on the way, I believe that a product should be polished before it's released, right?

I'm going to reinstall the game and keep an eye on things. As I said in an earlier comment, I do like the look of this game, but it's just so rough round the edges I found it irritating. And often, when a game is rough in the early levels, it takes away any confidence you might have in being able to complete the game without encountering huge problems later on.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Ancients of Ooga