Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Capsized

Old 05-23-2011, 09:02 PM   #1
cobrainuk

capsized now fails to start

Hello all
I have capsized install it worked fine the first time, but every since it will not run, the monitor went black and a message is going around saying "not optimum mode recommended mode 1680x1050 60hz" but that is the setting i have on my nVidia 9600GT card & and quad core cpu ?, I can hear the music BTW, I have to press alt & tab to get back to the main screen as Ctrl Alt & Del dont work and then turn the game off via the task master, non of my other games I had installed or new games I have installed since this one are doing this, I have tried reinstalling and its the same thing, works first time its runs only,
Please help

Last edited by cobrainuk: 05-27-2011 at 09:15 PM.

Old 05-25-2011, 09:16 PM   #2
Zalaz

Exact same issue here. I start the game and all I get is a black screen. I can hear the intro sounds as well as the menu music when I hit escape. I'm running on an Nvidia GeForce 525GT. Drivers have been updated, Direct X has been updated as well. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Zalaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:43 PM   #3
cobrainuk

It didnt cost very much, so moneys not the issue here, but the lack of surport from
1: the company i paid for it "Stream"
2: the company who programmed it as I havnt heard back from them after i was told by stream it is a 3rd party game so they cant help i emailed them and nothing so far from them as well, so is it a take our money and run then ?
Old 05-27-2011, 07:07 PM   #4
Thsscks

Dude relax they will probably solve or fix your problem. It's a two man team, so that's why it may take a while.
Just have some patience.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:25 PM   #5
cobrainuk

Sorry M8 it looks to me reading through the forums on line that there were issues even at the demo stage with some guys not being able to get it to run, so its not like its a new thing is it ?
I can never get my head around why some have no problems with games and a few do it never makes sence, because I have also been one of the lucky ones where it works fine on my computer but my friends cant run that same game, we all have similar rigs not to old, Games like assassins creed brotherhood/crysis 2 & just cause work great, but I cant get blink to run on my rig, If I can just only put it down to one thing it might sort it ?
Old 05-28-2011, 05:16 AM   #6
Thsscks

I don't know if you have seen the sticky, but there have been a patch addressing these issues. I'm sure your problem will be solved eventually.
But saying stuff like they take your money and that's all, is a bit harsh don't you think? After all this is a really new developer company.
And let's be realistic titles such as Assassin's Creed and Crysis are made by a really big team, so that probably one of the reasons why.
I don't know much about coding, but I think solving bugs like these are a puzzle on it's own.
I wish I could help you. Have you tried deleting every file of this game (except savegame) from your computer. Maybe that helps.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:59 PM   #7
cobrainuk

Hi Thsscks and where are these patches available please?
Old 06-12-2011, 11:30 PM   #8
tunguska47

for ATI people
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1885953

for people that have creative sound cards
start/control panel/hardware and sound/sound/click speakers then click properties then look for "disable sound blaster enhancements" somewhere

for non creative users there could be something similar to it

Last edited by tunguska47: 06-12-2011 at 11:32 PM.
tunguska47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:48 PM   #9
ekees

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrainuk View Post
Hello all
I have capsized install it worked fine the first time, but every since it will not run, the monitor went black and a message is going around saying "not optimum mode recommended mode 1680x1050 60hz" but that is the setting i have on my nVidia 9600GT card & and quad core cpu ?, I can hear the music BTW, I have to press alt & tab to get back to the main screen as Ctrl Alt & Del dont work and then turn the game off via the task master, non of my other games I had installed or new games I have installed since this one are doing this, I have tried reinstalling and its the same thing, works first time its runs only,
Please help
There's another thread about this very same issue:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1874808

Was hoping that we could work around the issue by manually setting the resolution with which the game will run, but have not been able to figure out what file/registry value that might be.

I have an idea though.... if a kind soul who got the demo to work was willing, we might be able to set the resolution using the arrow keys by blind navigating the main menu to get to the panel where the resolution can be changed. All we need are screencaps of the main menu, options menu, and video menu or whatever.

Anyone willing to perform those screencaps, please?

EDIT:

Well, nobody followed up with me on this, so I took care of it myself. See my solution here:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1966208

Last edited by ekees: 07-01-2011 at 07:57 PM.
ekees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:41 PM   #10
MaggotCorpse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalaz View Post
Exact same issue here. I start the game and all I get is a black screen. I can hear the intro sounds as well as the menu music when I hit escape. I'm running on an Nvidia GeForce 525GT. Drivers have been updated, Direct X has been updated as well. Any help is greatly appreciated.
No solution here?
MaggotCorpse is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Capsized