Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dark Messiah Might and Magic

Old 05-25-2011, 04:02 PM   #1
KoopahTroopah

Windowed mode?

Hey guys I've been looking feverishly for a windowed mode so I could stream a playthrough of the single player to my gaming stream on justin.tv.

-windowed or -sw don't work, and neither does the classic alt+enter trick. I notice that there's a drop down for "Fullscreen" but where other games have an option to "Run in window", this one is for some reason missing it.

Any ideas?
Old 05-26-2011, 11:23 AM   #2
ForumHelper

Check the config file for "windowed=0" or "fullscreen=1", One of those should be in that file. Every other game has it, this one should as well.
ForumHelper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:41 PM   #3
KoopahTroopah

C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\email\dark messiah might and magic single player\mm\cfg\config.cfg?

That's the only logical config file I could find, and there's no video settings in it at all. Which is kind of weird because most configs usually have res information at least.
KoopahTroopah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:41 PM   #4
tschumann

I thought the parameter was -window
tschumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 06:10 PM   #5
JackieChan

Here is how to make it windowed mode guys.

Go to your "x:\Steam\steamapps\<steam name>\dark messiah might and magic single player\mm\cfg" and open your config.cfg file.

This will not be in here though, but anywhere in here, input "mat_setvideomode <width> <height> 1" 1 = windowed mode, 0 = full screen. Make sure you make these changes after you edited everything in your options first otherwise I believe it will remove that line if you change your video settings.

The Ubisoft/other publisher/developer videos will still play in windowed mode, but once you get to the main menu, it will be in windowed mode.
JackieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 06:54 PM   #6
KoopahTroopah

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieChan View Post

Go to your "x:\Steam\steamapps\<steam name>\dark messiah might and magic single player\mm\cfg" and open your config.cfg file.

This will not be in here though, but anywhere in here, input "mat_setvideomode <width> <height> 1" 1 = windowed mode, 0 = full screen. Make sure you make these changes after you edited everything in your options first otherwise I believe it will remove that line if you change your video settings.

The Ubisoft/other publisher/developer videos will still play in windowed mode, but once you get to the main menu, it will be in windowed mode.
Setting it in the config doesn't seem to save for me, but typing the command in manually does the trick. Thank you very much good sir.
KoopahTroopah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:47 PM   #7
Norrall

Putting the command in the console works just fine and dandy, thank you for that.
But it seems to be stuck at 800x600 resolution. Is there any way to increase that to a higher res? Preferably 1920x1080?
Thank you for your time.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:17 PM   #8
Rush_Hedgehog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieChan View Post

Hey thanks for the tutorial, will definitely make this tutorial on YouTube.
Rush_Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dark Messiah Might and Magic