Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > VAC Discussion

Old 05-31-2011, 04:40 PM   #31
Red15squirrel

This oughta be stickied, really good info here. And, of course, a great idea for a thread.
Red15squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:11 PM   #32
__asm

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTRL ALT DEL ! View Post
(cheats for non VAC games running while playing a VAC game is likely to get your account banned)
As long as the cheat isn't interacting with the VAC-secured game, there's no risk of a ban.
__asm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:28 PM   #33
SilverMink

Can you reword the bit about running a modified steam client.

Some people could argue Steam Skins modify the client due to them overwriting default files.
SilverMink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:33 PM   #34
L.o.D.

Modifying the client doesn't trigger VAC to begin with.
VAC is only enabled when connected to a secure server and not before.
L.o.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:00 PM   #35
CTRL ALT DEL !

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.o.D. View Post
Modifying the client doesn't trigger VAC to begin with.
VAC is only enabled when connected to a secure server and not before.
Thats why it's under other. I added the word executible to define it better.
CTRL ALT DEL ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:01 AM   #36
egor1908

First, this is how my original layout looked, everyone can now use it freely.

It's called executable. And you don't get banned or disabled for running a modified executable, there are modified clients out there which allow you to download all steam games. They WILL get your main account disabled if you use it to log into the modified steam client.

I wont support this topic anymore, i can't stand your gramma and i think you do too little effort and lack some information sources (surf the cheat sites and read them). I don't have time, i don't want to help on the topic and i disliked that you modified my layout.

__asm is also providing some usefull information you could add, but i don't see it in the original post (it's like you wish to ignore some parts to make your job of keeping the topic simpler).

Everything written here is only my personal opinion. I am also butthurt that you didn't credit me

I will gladly answer all people here if thay ask questions regarding VAC and Steam.
egor1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:17 AM   #37
Mangr0v3

Add to games with VAC: All Source 2004-2007 multiplayer Source mods (not sure about Swarm SDK)
Mangr0v3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 04:40 PM   #38
CTRL ALT DEL !

Quote:
Originally Posted by egor1908 View Post
First, this is how my original layout looked, everyone can now use it freely.
Everything numbered, don't like it sorry, but I will review your info.

Quote:
It's called executable. And you don't get banned or disabled for running a modified executable, there are modified clients out there which allow you to download all steam games. They WILL get your main account disabled if you use it to log into the modified steam client.
The Steam.exe updates itself everytime it differs from the current version and what modified Steam.exe is allowed, please link to one and I will run it past support.

Quote:
I wont support this topic anymore, i can't stand your gramma and i think you do too little effort and lack some information sources (surf the cheat sites and read them). I don't have time, i don't want to help on the topic and i disliked that you modified my layout.
Don't like my grammar you mean "gramma - pasture grass of plains of South America and western North America". Also I will not take information from cheat sites as it isn't read by anyone in the know (Valve Employees). I never used your layout because it wasn't very good and I modified it myself to look better.

Quote:
_asm is also providing some usefull information you could add, but i don't see it in the original post (it's like you wish to ignore some parts to make your job of keeping the topic simpler).
Not all cheats inject and close, my advice covers nearly all cheats not just injectors, my advice is on how not to get banned, not how to maybe avoid a ban.

Quote:
Everything written here is only my personal opinion. I am also butthurt that you didn't credit me
You really want me to add "You can travel and play your games as you wish, only something of the above is too obvious, your account will be disabled. You can also safely use Steam across more then 1 PC at home." or "Running memory editors or other suspicious tools in the background while playing on a Secured server." and give you credit, no thanks my grammar is bad enough and what is a suspicious tool? You must be accurate. I will add "Mods that contain DLL and EXE files are unsafe" and give you credit you deserve there.

Quote:
I will gladly answer all people here if thay ask questions regarding VAC and Steam.
As we all will try to do.

Last edited by CTRL ALT DEL !: 06-01-2011 at 05:01 PM.
CTRL ALT DEL ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:06 PM   #39
Hedy Lamarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by egor1908 View Post
I wont support this topic anymore, i can't stand your gramma
You leave OP's grandmother out of this!
Hedy Lamarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:14 PM   #40
egor1908

I don't want to discuss this. You can compare the original topic and the layout, it's in the change history (if not, then it's accessible by moderators only).

I don't want to talk about this for several reasons i don't need to mention. I feel that i am right, and if OP disagrees, it's still our personal opinions and nothing will change if we argue. The topic is closed.

Last edited by egor1908: 06-01-2011 at 06:17 PM.
egor1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 05:40 PM   #41
GrandmasterYoda

You can add "Mumble" (its like teamspeak, or ventrillo, with an overlay to show you whose in the channel. Their name lights up when they're speaking) to the safe/does not trigger a ban list.

Proof?:
I'd be banned many times by now if it did.
GrandmasterYoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:28 AM   #42
the_one93

Will i get VAC Banned?!

if i used hack on VAC game ..but i signed out and logged in again with different steam account ... and i didn't use the hack on the second steam account .... but same game ... the same computer?

the Q is ... will i get VAC Banned?
the_one93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:07 PM   #43
__asm

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_one93 View Post
if i used hack on VAC game ..but i signed out and logged in again with different steam account ... and i didn't use the hack on the second steam account .... but same game ... the same computer?

the Q is ... will i get VAC Banned?
So long as you didn't use the cheat on the account you signed into, you'll be fine.
__asm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:59 PM   #44
spartan_arrawn

just wondering, i use a program called afterburner to monitor gpu temp and fps, it is in no way a cheat.
It just enables me to maintain an eye on my system when it is under pressure.

If VAC banned me for using this, what is the legal status behind the ban as i wasn't using any cheats or breaking any rules?.
spartan_arrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:01 PM   #45
Salith

VAC bans for cheat overlays, not system tool overlays.
Salith is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > VAC Discussion