Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Fallout series

Old 05-28-2011, 07:45 AM   #1
Achillies

Is there a console command to give yourself caps/weapons/armor?

I have New Vegas for my 360 but I want to get it for PC to mess around with mods, etc. an I want to know if there's any console commands for spawnig items in.

That's pretty much it.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:42 AM   #2
Erozlol

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallou...nsole_commands
Erozlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:00 AM   #3
City Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erozlol View Post
Thanks, I was looking for that.

+rep
City Builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 01:54 PM   #4
Achillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erozlol View Post
Thank you, good sir.
Achillies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 03:56 PM   #5
Gizzi

Many mod authors will inlude codes for the items they create, but be aware that once you open the console you lose achievements for the rest of the session (until you restart the game). If however the mod author is nice to you they may include a 'cheat' addon that summons the items early in the game for you
Gizzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 03:59 PM   #6
Achillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizzi View Post
Many mod authors will inlude codes for the items they create, but be aware that once you open the console you lose achievements for the rest of the session (until you restart the game). If however the mod author is nice to you they may include a 'cheat' addon that summons the items early in the game for you
Couldn't you just, say, spawn some Power Armor, save, than exit the game an restart it?
Old 05-28-2011, 11:59 PM   #7
Erozlol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achillies View Post
Couldn't you just, say, spawn some Power Armor, save, than exit the game an restart it?
Yes. If you know you're just about to get an achievement make a save just in case you don't get it.
Erozlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:56 AM   #8
rcaryl

Spawning items

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizzi View Post
Many mod authors will include codes for the items they create . . .
If you are using FOMM, you should first note the "Mod index" displayed in the load order list of the mod in question. Then right-click on the mod you wish to peruse, and select "Open in TESnip."

This opens another dialog that lists all the categories (GRUP) covered by the mod. Weapons are in the WEAP GRUP, armor in the ARMO GRUP. Once the desired GRUP category is opened, find the specific item you wish to spawn and click on it. In the window on the right of the display will show data about the item. The data you are interested in will be the FormID. Make a note of the form id. Then, replace the first two digits of the FormID with the Mod Index from the FOMM load order window. This becomes the "code" that you use in the console. Note that the codes are in hexidecimal notation and may contain both numbers and letters. The syntax of the console command used to spawn the item is:

player.additem <code> <quantity>

If you have correctly ascertained your item code, there will be no response to the command. If you have not, an error message will appear.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:47 AM   #9
Achillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcaryl View Post
If you are using FOMM, you should first note the "Mod index" displayed in the load order list of the mod in question. Then right-click on the mod you wish to peruse, and select "Open in TESnip."

This opens another dialog that lists all the categories (GRUP) covered by the mod. Weapons are in the WEAP GRUP, armor in the ARMO GRUP. Once the desired GRUP category is opened, find the specific item you wish to spawn and click on it. In the window on the right of the display will show data about the item. The data you are interested in will be the FormID. Make a note of the form id. Then, replace the first two digits of the FormID with the Mod Index from the FOMM load order window. This becomes the "code" that you use in the console. Note that the codes are in hexidecimal notation and may contain both numbers and letters. The syntax of the console command used to spawn the item is:

player.additem <code> <quantity>

If you have correctly ascertained your item code, there will be no response to the command. If you have not, an error message will appear.

Hope this helps.
Oh God I just got confused.

What's a FOMM?
Old 06-01-2011, 09:56 AM   #10
Goldendog

Quote:
Oh God I just got confused.

What's a FOMM?
It's the "Fallout Mod Manager".

It's a 3rd party game launcher replacer that lets you pick which mods you want to install, customize, and play. It's like clicking on "Data Files" with the normal launcher but there's a lot more choices. It can be downloaded from Fallout Nexus.
Goldendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:28 AM   #11
Achillies

Ahh, see I know nothing about that. I have (well had, until it got the RRoD) New Vegas for my 360. But within the next week, I plan on getting it for PC. Any advice on what mods I should install?
Old 06-02-2011, 07:02 AM   #12
Goldendog

The New Vegas Nexus has a "Top 100" mods list. I suggest you start there and look into whichever one's interest you.

My favorite mods were armor, unlimited companions, character models, and textures.

I tried to stick to mods that improved the experience without adding any type of "god mode" that made the combat too easy. I recruited all of the companions so I could run their individual quests, but rarely did I take all of them on a mission. Instead I used them more like you would in Mass Effect and Dragon Age and picked and choosed who I wanted for which mission.

I raided caesers camp with a party of 8 just for kicks, but mostly I modded to experience everything in the game in one playthrough.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:08 AM   #13
Achillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldendog View Post
The New Vegas Nexus has a "Top 100" mods list. I suggest you start there and look into whichever one's interest you.

My favorite mods were armor, unlimited companions, character models, and textures.

I tried to stick to mods that improved the experience without adding any type of "god mode" that made the combat too easy. I recruited all of the companions so I could run their individual quests, but rarely did I take all of them on a mission. Instead I used them more like you would in Mass Effect and Dragon Age and picked and choosed who I wanted for which mission.

I raided caesers camp with a party of 8 just for kicks, but mostly I modded to experience everything in the game in one playthrough.
I'll probably buy it next week when I get paid. And my Xbox just got the RRoD, so I'm having Fallout withdrawals.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:27 AM   #14
Goldendog

Quote:
I'll probably buy it next week when I get paid. And my Xbox just got the RRoD, so I'm having Fallout withdrawals.
Fallout is a great game for the money if you like the series. There are 70-100 good playable (per run-through) hours if you do all of the game content.

For a price/hours of entertainment ratio, there's a lot of value. It's not like you buy it for $49.99 and hammer it out in 3-4 hours.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:07 AM   #15
Achillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldendog View Post
Fallout is a great game for the money if you like the series. There are 70-100 good playable (per run-through) hours if you do all of the game content.

For a price/hours of entertainment ratio, there's a lot of value. It's not like you buy it for $49.99 and hammer it out in 3-4 hours.
Oh I know it is. I own every Fallout game. It's on of my absolute favorite series.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Fallout series