Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Thief series

Old 06-01-2011, 10:49 PM   #1
deleet

[Solved] Control Problems (T:DS)

When I'm in game, it constantly behaves as though I have W and A pressed. I can only stand still if I hold down S and D.
On Menus, I can't read any of the text beyond the first screen because it keeps scrolling up before I can read it, even if I'm holding down the appropriate buttons to scroll down.

Running Win 7x64, on a laptop with a keyboard/mouse set. Detaching the keyboard/mouse set does nothing.

Any help would be appreciated, since the game is unplayable in its current state.

Last edited by deleet: 06-02-2011 at 12:09 AM.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:03 PM   #2
SuperChikan

Sounds like you have a game controller plugged in? I have a few games that behave just like that when my joystick is hooked up. Unplugging it fixes the prob.

Good luck
SuperChikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:41 PM   #3
deleet

Thing is, I don't have any game controllers, save a Wiimote, but I don't have the program to extract useful input from that running right now. :/
deleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:14 AM   #4
deleet

Well, that Wiimote proved to be the cause of my problems, though not in the way that I thought.

Apparently the game has some kind of glitch where it screws up all input if a computer has a "Human Interface Device" (HID) as an input, regardless of whether it's in use. Even though the Wiimote wasn't connected, the game still managed to pick it up. Though deleting the Bluetooth pairing history would fix it, I opted to disable Bluetooth temporarily instead to save time connecting later.

At any rate, the game is now up and running. Well, when I beat the tutorial, it crashes, but that's another issue entirely.
deleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 08:03 AM   #5
Lemmington

Ahhhh, thats the problem. Had a 360 pad plugged in and whenever I held shift or ctl to sneek garret started sliding about wherever he wanted.
Cheers!
Lemmington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 04:13 PM   #6
SnakeLinkSonic

Same fix worked for me. Been using Bluetooth and a Wiimote with my laptop. Disabling the bluetooth instantly fixed the upwards scroll and erratic leftward movement.
SnakeLinkSonic is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Thief series