Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Guild II series

Old 06-06-2011, 03:34 PM   #1
xiriod

Renaissance, weird issues

Been playing Pirates for a long time, just picked up Renaissance today as it seems people say it's improved and whatnot. Great.

Well, playing extinction on a map and trying to get a seat on the council. Fair enough, people meet up and sit down and then immediately get up and wander about. Some out the door. Meeting is over (?!).

Second day, I apply again and people meet up again. They wander in circles for a bit before they sit down there's no zooming in and allowing me to bribe or smooch anyone that's going to vote for me. Everything is just like I'm just a bystander. I lose the vote.

Did I just pick a bugged map, or are there still issues with this game?

That being said, and I love these games, I can't see much difference between Pirates and Renaissance really. Or any previous instalment. Love Pirates though.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:49 AM   #2
Wild_Dog_01

"That being said, and I love these games, I can't see much difference between Pirates and Renaissance really. Or any previous instalment. Love Pirates though. [/QUOTE]"

There are major changes between Renaissance and Pirates, the biggest perhaps being the additional occupations. I will start out by saying that I much prefer Renaissance as there are so many new options. I also put a disclaimer that you should download the 4.17 Beta version to make it a much more enjoyable game.
With that said perhaps I can address some of your issues. The first one is a bug, and although it doesn't occur often in the 4.17 version, they are still working on it as well as other bugs. The second issue you mentioned is a change in the game mechanics. You can no longer bribe/compliment/threaten people during a council session. You need to do all of your work prior to the meeting. You can bribe/compliment people as they come into the council chambers, but you may have to wait as others are talking/bribing the other members.
So hopefully that answers your questions, and you will be able to explore many of the new options found in Renaissance.
Wild_Dog_01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Guild II series