Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, The

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2011, 06:07 AM   #1
DarkoZL:
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Reputation: 8
Posts: 148
Iorveth's Dream

Is it possible to translate it? I swear, I hate made-up languages >_>

And how about that peasant's dream? I wasn't sure whether to laugh or say WTF.
DarkoZL: is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:11 AM   #2
WardDragon
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Reputation: 238
Posts: 1,854
I thought they were speaking English but the dreams were too weak to understand it, like a TV with bad reception :P
WardDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:19 AM   #3
SleeplessDark
 
Join Date: May 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 11
The Peasant's Dream was defiantely in English. When I first saw it, I thought it was insinuating that Saskia used to be a prostitute or something and I was thinking that was going to be the huge plot twist concerning her seemingly flawless character. MAJOR SPOLIER: Turns out she was just a dragon, how lame. But yeah, the Iorveth one was just him sitting in a chair, smoking a pipe, mumbling some gibberish. Kind of a disappointment.
SleeplessDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:20 AM   #4
DarkoZL:
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Reputation: 8
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by WardDragon View Post
I thought they were speaking English but the dreams were too weak to understand it, like a TV with bad reception :P
Well, the peasant's speaking sure was crystal clear, lol. So srsly, we need an elven dictionary.
DarkoZL: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:45 AM   #5
Gamebreaker
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Reputation: 169
Posts: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplessDark View Post
The Peasant's Dream was defiantely in English. When I first saw it, I thought it was insinuating that Saskia used to be a prostitute or something and I was thinking that was going to be the huge plot twist concerning her seemingly flawless character. MAJOR SPOLIER: Turns out she was just a dragon, how lame. But yeah, the Iorveth one was just him sitting in a chair, smoking a pipe, mumbling some gibberish. Kind of a disappointment.
It's a dream of living in safety and without war dude.
Gamebreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:56 AM   #6
RayeGunn
 
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Reputation: 4
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkoZL: View Post
Well, the peasant's speaking sure was crystal clear, lol. So srsly, we need an elven dictionary.
There are Witcherverse elvish disctionaries out there... Sadly, I tried applying one of them to his dream and got nowhere, it didn't have even a quarter of the words. The devs have either vastly expanded on the elvish from the books, or are making it up as they go along.
RayeGunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:00 AM   #7
DarkoZL:
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Reputation: 8
Posts: 148
OK, the urge to know what he said is growing. I'm definitely gonna get hold of some sort of dev and get an answer!

I bet it has something to do with his true motivations. I supported him, so I'm worried that he's just lusting after riches in the end. He sure was living the life in his dream judging by the pig on a freaking spit.
DarkoZL: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:45 AM   #8
gwenavered
 
Banned
Join Date: Nov 2010
Reputation: 80
Posts: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamebreaker View Post
It's a dream of living in safety and without war dude.
this makes sense.
gwenavered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 12:47 PM   #9
dnalysis
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Reputation: 11
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkoZL: View Post
I bet it has something to do with his true motivations. I supported him, so I'm worried that he's just lusting after riches in the end. He sure was living the life in his dream judging by the pig on a freaking spit.
I think it's simply his dream of "normal" life, far from rebellion, hiding in damp caves and being constantly at war. If he wanted the riches, I'm sure he would have gotten them in some (less peaceful) way.
dnalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:57 PM   #10
freygea
 
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Reputation: 0
Posts: 84
It is retirement. Home is where the hearth is...Home is where the heart is.

His heart yearns for safety and the ability for him and his kind to have a normal life.
freygea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:09 PM   #11
Hoodzra
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
I thought he was dreaming about ploughing the virgin of Eadirn
*Got a fireplace...romantic dinner...Barry White...I cant wait...*
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:16 PM   #12
ZDProletariat
 
Join Date: May 2011
Reputation: 23
Posts: 496
Of course it was a dream about ploughing a virgin. What else would a peasant married to a vile women dream about!?
ZDProletariat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:24 PM   #13
Bollockoff
 
Join Date: May 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 64
Having it translated would spoil the effect. It's pretty obvious he dreams of a life of normality and safety, enjoying the simple pleasures in life.

He's more than likely just musing to himself about nothing relevant.
Bollockoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:26 PM   #14
dnalysis
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Reputation: 11
Posts: 230
Maybe he's reciting a Lord of the Rings poem
dnalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:27 PM   #15
ZDProletariat
 
Join Date: May 2011
Reputation: 23
Posts: 496
Maybe he's creating some rap lyrics to prepare for his new career he's always dreamed of doing.
ZDProletariat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, The


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.