|06-07-2011, 08:45 PM||#1|
A few issues with the game
I've had this game running 100% before on this same computer, but not through steam. I'm experiencing extremely long loading times and a really bad lag whenever I use the flashlight (game freezes for about 5 seconds)
Time of this report: 6/7/2011, 19:56:11
Machine name: JONATHAN-SEEH2F
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.101209-1647)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: stem manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: BIOS Date: 08/28/09 14:51:57 Ver: 08.00.10
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2944MB RAM
Page File: 1481MB used, 3451MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode
Last edited by LordAcheron: 06-07-2011 at 09:12 PM.
|06-10-2011, 05:28 PM||#3|
Join Date: Mar 2009
When you have a freeze or stutter when a light source is introduced, maybe it's a problem with DirectX. Reinstall the user runtime for DX 9.0c and restart, then try again. Also, make sure your graphics card (which you did not list) can utilize the correct shader model. You need Shader Model 3 or higher to run this game correctly.
Can you post your graphics card model?
EDIT: if you have run this game with no problems before, let's look at what could have changed.
1) fragmentation. Fix: Defrag your drive. Then do a disk check on reboot.
2) something got corrupted or uninstalled. Fix: reinstall graphics card drivers and DirectX.
3) RAM corrupted. Find a ram diagnostic online (memtest86 should do fine)
4) Possible conflict with antivirus software. Fix: turn off your antivir or add the Steamapps folder as an exception.
5) conflict with another process. Not sure what to do there, maybe try GameBooster.
6) game settings have been changed. Fix (do this first): turn down shadows or other light-related settings in the game's options. I havent played penumbra in awhile, I forget at the moment what options are available to you.
Last edited by mesaone: 06-10-2011 at 05:36 PM.