Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Hitman series

Old 06-09-2011, 04:11 PM   #1
DarkIce

Exclamation Hitman Contracts Steam Appeal

If you'd like to help release Hitman Contracts on steam, there's a group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Hit...ctsEnthusiasts

The reason the game isn't on Steam is because the copyright for the song "Immortal" by the band "Clutch" in the level "Rendezvouz in Rotterdam" wasn't able to be renewed.

Last edited by DarkIce: 05-18-2012 at 05:16 AM.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:59 AM   #2
DuckStab

Just joined. Listened to the song as well. It's absolutely ing AWFUL. Why the hell was a song like that in a Hitman game? It doesn't fit AT ALL. The fact that this song is the sole reason the game isn't on Steam makes it that much worse. I'd like to personally spit in the face of each member of that band.
DuckStab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:57 AM   #3
Jito463

A) Valve can't just decide to add a game to Steam. The publisher has to do that.

B) It's my understanding that it's the publisher of the song, who is causing the problems. Not the band itself (although, I have to agree that it's horrible, and should just be removed).
Jito463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:31 PM   #4
DarkIce

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckStab View Post
Just joined. Listened to the song as well. It's absolutely ing AWFUL. Why the hell was a song like that in a Hitman game? It doesn't fit AT ALL. The fact that this song is the sole reason the game isn't on Steam makes it that much worse. I'd like to personally spit in the face of each member of that band.
Thanks for joining! I really can't understand why they don't remove it, it is a stupid reason. Perhaps they don't like too much money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
A) Valve can't just decide to add a game to Steam. The publisher has to do that.

B) It's my understanding that it's the publisher of the song, who is causing the problems. Not the band itself (although, I have to agree that it's horrible, and should just be removed).
No one said it was because of Valve or that it was up to Valve to add Contracts.

How do you know if it's the publisher or the band that has caused the issue?

Last edited by DarkIce: 06-11-2011 at 07:34 PM.
DarkIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:57 PM   #5
kara_bulut

They should just use the Hitman 2 soundtracks Jasper Kyd made, those are beatiful.
kara_bulut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:15 PM   #6
Vic_Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by kara_bulut View Post
They should just use the Hitman 2 soundtracks Jasper Kyd made, those are beatiful.
Yeah, because orchestra music would really be playing in a greasy, seedy, back-alley biker bar.

And those of you that don't like the song: that's your opinion, it was included because it fits with the theme of the mission.

Go buy Contracts off eBay or Amazon, it's REALLY cheap.
Vic_Rattlehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:13 PM   #7
jagris

After listening to that song, I think my ears started to bleed. That was just terrible.
Old 07-10-2011, 03:46 PM   #8
Detinator73

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkIce View Post
If you'd like to help release Hitman Contratcs on steam, there's a group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Hit...ctsEnthusiasts
Already joined. I believe that the users who purchased Hitman Collection should receive Hitman Contracts for free. Definately, it does not feel like a collection at all. Steam games are meant to be sold but if I can't get it for the PC, the best thing to do is to buy the game on Amazon or Ebay and buy a boxed copy (which is very bad for the environment).
Detinator73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:10 PM   #9
DarkIce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detinator73 View Post
Already joined. I believe that the users who purchased Hitman Collection should receive Hitman Contracts for free. Definately, it does not feel like a collection at all. Steam games are meant to be sold but if I can't get it for the PC, the best thing to do is to buy the game on Amazon or Ebay and buy a boxed copy (which is very bad for the environment).
Thanks for joining! On one of my announcements, you can find links the the cheapest copies of Contracts.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:32 AM   #10
bmate

I think the song is pretty good, too bad Contracts isn't available though.
bmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:21 AM   #11
BurningCa007

You can get it on amazon for $10 if you're desperate to play it, however yes it should be released on steam and given to the people who own the collection for free...
BurningCa007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 06:55 AM   #12
kaji1985

I'm going to join asap (some connection problems I suppose, I can't get in the group page).

I felt a little tricked when I discovered there was a missing title in the Hitman collection bundle: Valve should point out that and the reasons behind this ackward situation in the bundle's description page. This would make Valve's position spotless and add a little pressure on the ones that are causing this issue arguing on petty disputes.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:25 PM   #13
TheMysterD

Why don't they remove the song?
Or replace it w/ something else?
TheMysterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 07:40 PM   #14
DarkIce

Thanks to anyone else who has joined!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMysterD View Post
Why don't they remove the song?
Or replace it w/ something else?
It's very annoying that they haven't for some reason, it doesn't make any sense.

Last edited by DarkIce: 12-18-2011 at 07:42 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:25 PM   #15
slipknotts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkIce View Post
If you'd like to help release Hitman Contratcs on steam, there's a group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Hit...ctsEnthusiasts
joined. I already have Contracts retail disk version, but I'm all for seeing it on Steam. Has anyone tried emailing Io Interactive or Square Eidos and asking them directly?
slipknotts is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Hitman series