Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Shadowgrounds series

Old 06-10-2011, 08:23 AM   #1
jschaub

Both Shadowground: Survivor constantly crashing.

I purchased the bundle yesterday. The first Shadowground game would play for about 10 minutes, then just get really choppy, and occasionally crash. Shadowground: Survivor runs much better, and I was pleased with the gameplay (much more fun). It crashed after leaving the very first area. I got it to finally get past that, but every time I get to the first "boss" (I think) the game crashes as it fades to black after I kill him. I imagine if I do get it to load after the boss, it'll crash somewhere else down the line. Why so unstable?

I'm running the top of the line iMac:

OS Snow Leopard 10.6.7
3.1 GHz Intel Quad Core i5 (Sandy Bridge)
4 GB Ram
AMD Radeon HD 6970M (1GB)

Why doesn't this game work?

Old 06-11-2011, 05:16 AM   #2
JoelFB

Frozenbyte
Sorry to hear. I remember something strange with the boss, not sure if it was on Windows or Mac, but I think we should simply try to get you past the boss and see what happens.

The SG games are generally quite stable but there are occasional issues, and seems like you've hit one or more of those. I'm very sorry about that.

So try downloading a few files at
http://shadowgroundsgame.com/sgs_sav...e_at_own_risk/

and put them to the savegame folder on the Mac. I think the folder is probably ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/shadowgroundssurvivor/profile/default/save/ (Or actually might be in ~/Library/Application Support/.shadowgroundssurvivor/ or so - I can't check this right now but I can find out on Monday the latest.)

Alternatively, you can just try to open the game console by pressing the Fn+F8 key and then writing: "setMissionSuccessCounter 1" (without the quotes but case sensitive). I think this will complete the level so you don't need to mess with the savegames manually.

Let me know.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:13 AM   #3
jschaub

I finally got it to load past that boss, just by repeating it over and over. However, at the end of the next level, it crashed again, and again, and again...

Sorry, I'm giving up on the Shadowground games. I appreciate your help, and notice you've truly attempted to solve all problems on these boards, but I'm just chocking this up to poor development.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:03 AM   #4
JoelFB

Frozenbyte
Sorry. The level end crash is a separate issue (and happens a bit more often on some Macs). It's unfortunate you experience them both, and unfortunately we don't currently have a surefire fix to either of these. I'll PM you with some closing thoughts.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Shadowgrounds series