Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Vertex Dispenser

Old 06-11-2011, 09:42 AM   #1
Sohodojo_Jim

Question Interesting... But is there key-binding? And other demo-inspired thoughts

I downloaded and took a quick dip into the demo. Interesting twist on familiar game mechanics, etc.

But the big gotcha for me is that -- as a lefty with tunnel carpal using a Kinesis ergonomic keyboard and separate numkey pad -- I _always_ rebind keys to my personal preferences (e.g. W-A-S-D are NumPad-5-1-2-3 for me). Since lightning fast movement and special-move keys are essential for success in Vertex Dispenser, I am wondering if the full game has an 'Options/Controls' feature for key rebinding?

If not, there is always the AutoHotKey custom key remapping as a possibility. Speaking of AHK, I can see where -- given the predictable nature of tactics within this game -- AHK macros would give a distinct and not-easily-detected advantage in multiplayer. (In fact, macro-scripting tactical maneuvers might be an interesting extension to the game that would take you more from 'grunt'/keymasher to 'commander'/strategist... just thinking based on very limited experience with the demo).

Also wondering... Why not have mouse-based interaction? Left-click down starts moving, mouse-movement left-right is detected as 'turn' navigation. I could see where mouse-navigation could get very fluid and interesting as a way to get around the grid/graph.

I also like the retro/minimalist graphical style. Obviously this will allow this game to be made available on many devices.

All in all, a creative and welcome indie addition to the Steam library. Congrats, Michael.

Keep up the good work,
--Sohodojo Jim--
In-game most often as 'Jambo'
Old 06-11-2011, 10:55 AM   #2
Vagrant

The full game features complete keyboard customization.
Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:20 AM   #3
Sohodojo_Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
The full game features complete keyboard customization.
Hey Vagrant... Cool, I'd hoped as much. Thanks for the clarification.

--Jambo--
Sohodojo_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Vertex Dispenser