Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > The Orange Box

Old 06-11-2011, 09:50 PM   #1
DavyinaToga

SPUF Xbox match??

Well, four days in a row with no good servers with decent players on them. Guess it's time for the next best thing.

Anybody want to meet up some day for some all-around decent Xbox TF2?

No idlers, no glitching/skywalking/burrowing, no lowgrav/noclip/buddha/weapon lock/crazy bridges made of capture points/other game-altering mods, no team stacking, no mic spam, no class limit abusers, none of the junk that's common in the wilds of random servers. Just 16 players in a xbl party on a private server having fun smartly playing the game the way it was originally designed to be played. Just an hour or two (probably with all-map rotation so everyone can play their fav map at least once) with nothing that would cause anybody to go "well that and his bull, I'm leaving."
Old 06-12-2011, 05:16 AM   #2
UnrealSkybox

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavyinaToga View Post
Well, four days in a row with no good servers with decent players on them. Guess it's time for the next best thing.

No idlers, no glitching/skywalking/burrowing, no lowgrav/noclip/buddha/weapon lock/crazy bridges made of capture points/other game-altering mods, no team stacking, no mic spam, no class limit abusers, none of the junk that's common in the wilds of random servers. Just 16 players in a xbl party on a private server having fun smartly playing the game the way it was originally designed to be played. Just an hour or two (probably with all-map rotation so everyone can play their fav map at least once) with nothing that would cause anybody to go "well that and his bull, I'm leaving."
well I play in alot of normal and legitimate matches all of the time. These matches have no mods, glitching, griefing, or the abusing of class limits. So you just have to find the right match.
UnrealSkybox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:55 AM   #3
Rodney Swan

Quote:

If you plan on getting this going, you can count with me.

My gamertag is Domenikhos

Last edited by Rodney Swan: 06-18-2011 at 02:27 PM.
Rodney Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:30 AM   #4
NUMBERsekai

Quote:
No burrowing
Ah, well count me out.

Nah just kidding. If by some insane miracle you actually get enough players for this to happen, I'd certainly be willing to boot up TF2 for the first time in who knows how long.

GT: LazySushi
NUMBERsekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:00 AM   #5
GabbyBob

Its been awhile. If your still up for it, may I chance an invitation?

GT: GabbyBob
GabbyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:18 PM   #6
DavyinaToga

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnrealSkybox View Post
well I play in alot of normal and legitimate matches all of the time. These matches have no mods, glitching, griefing, or the abusing of class limits. So you just have to find the right match.
I'll usually come across good servers like that, but then there's always problems like nobody on headsets, half a team of Weighted Storage Snipers, battle medics who don't heal, etc. This would just be a couple games guaranteed to practically eliminate any of that stuff. Two teams who are able and willing to play smart, as a team.

I dunno when we could do it, but it would be cool if at least eight players wanted to join. My connection doesn't handle hosting very well, so hopefully someone else would be able to host this.

...Speaking of glitching, I'd probably have to break my habit of swapping to needlegun to save half an uber for this.
DavyinaToga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:20 PM   #7
NUMBERsekai

Quote:
...Speaking of glitching, I'd probably have to break my habit of swapping to needlegun to save half an uber for this.
Wait, that's a glitch? I thought that was just what you were supposed to do.
NUMBERsekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:52 PM   #8
Rodney Swan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUMBERsekai View Post
Wait, that's a glitch? I thought that was just what you were supposed to do.
I didn't know it was considered a glitch. It's more of an exploit to me.
Rodney Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 08:31 AM   #9
DavyinaToga

Yeah, I guess "exploit" is more accurate than "glitch." It was patched out of the PC a long time ago IIRC, so I know it's something that Valve didn't plan on Medics being able to do. I don't consider it as bad an exploit as skywaking and whatnot, since there's a huge trade off: you can't heal anybody when you're saving uber for later. It's either that, or letting it run out and building it back up again.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:43 PM   #10
NUMB3RS

eff, it im in (if you pull it off) me and my brother both play just add me

GT: Mr cupofSTFU
NUMB3RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:18 PM   #11
ClockworkRifle

what's your opinion on highlander rules? is that ok or not?
Old 06-20-2011, 04:26 PM   #12
DavyinaToga

I'm waffling on Highlander-style class limits. I prefer limits of 3 (sometimes 2 on Spy/Sniper/Demo), but Highlander wouldn't be bad since the last player on a team could still have a choice between two classes, and if everybody's communication then players can always switch to get the most potential from each player... Maybe we can vote on it, or randomly swap between standard and HL

Oh, and GabbyBob, MS tells me that gamertag doesn't exist. Did you get it changed?
Old 06-20-2011, 04:39 PM   #13
ClockworkRifle

yup its dark0smosis now
Old 06-20-2011, 04:42 PM   #14
ClockworkRifle

oops should be capital D not lowercase
Old 06-20-2011, 05:13 PM   #15
ClockworkRifle

what about the crit and damage spread malarkey? I tend to lean towards turning them off although I'm flexible if not.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > The Orange Box