Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Alliance of Valiant Arms

Old 06-14-2011, 01:25 PM   #1
ATLbandit

Banned
Iron sights

So, does this game happen to have iron sights? I did a quick search, but most of the results I found were contradictory. The videos I've seen show ADS with ACOGs, but I didn't see any with standard rifles.

Thanks in advance for responses.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:26 PM   #2
cryptonian

Nope. It just zooms
Old 06-14-2011, 01:29 PM   #3
ATLbandit

Banned
So the Holographic sights are simply cosmetic?
ATLbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:33 PM   #4
cryptonian

You can use the holographic ones to look through but not iron sights the m4 has a holographic scope but the ak doesnt so it simply zooms in
Old 06-14-2011, 01:41 PM   #5
ATLbandit

Banned
Zooms in like in Duke Nukem Forever (demo is all I have played)? My reason for asking is I have seen gameplay videos on Youtube where people have MP5s with Holo sights yet never use them. However when people were using the M4A1 with ACOG scope, they were using the scope unlike when they weren't using the Holo sight.

Truth be told, I am an old-school FPS player but I've grown to really enjoy ADS. Thus, the reason for my question.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:52 PM   #6
OHMEGA

What the IQ requirement for this forum?

AIM DOWN THE SIGHTS PEOPLE, wtf is this "zoom"?

THIS IS NOT CABELA'S BIG GAME HUNTER.
OHMEGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:14 PM   #7
S.head

You cannot use iron sights on weapons in this game. You can however use acog scope and red dot sight. For weapons that do not have these attatchments equipped, you can only slightly zoom in, just like in Duke Nukem Forever just not as much of a zoom. The reason why people often choose not to use the holoscope on weapons like mp5 is that hip fire is pretty much just as accurate and you often don't need to zoom when using smg's because you'll use that in close quarter battle. Hope this clears it up for you.
S.head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:58 PM   #8
ATLbandit

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.head View Post
You cannot use iron sights on weapons in this game. You can however use acog scope and red dot sight. For weapons that do not have these attatchments equipped, you can only slightly zoom in, just like in Duke Nukem Forever just not as much of a zoom. The reason why people often choose not to use the holoscope on weapons like mp5 is that hip fire is pretty much just as accurate and you often don't need to zoom when using smg's because you'll use that in close quarter battle. Hope this clears it up for you.
It did, have some rep for the clarity.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:51 PM   #9
Agggh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLbandit View Post
It did, have some rep for the clarity.
One thing that should be noted is that the acog and eotech still have recoil unlike certain games. Don't expect to be able to right click and turn your gun into a laser. About the only guns where optics are truly useful are the m14 and the sg556.

There are rumors of iron sights being added (a lot of people think it's a glitch but images showing it look pretty convincing). It'll just visually justify what was already there though.
Agggh is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Alliance of Valiant Arms