Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Darkspore

Old 06-14-2011, 04:40 PM   #1
OzLefty76

40% off 70USD is still a rubbish price

Australian "sale" price is 42USD, because the original price is the ludicrous 70USD.

So... 40% off almost double. No sale, EA. Enjoy not having my money.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:10 PM   #2
Kain201

European sale price is 29.99€, that's 43USD.

No Darkspore for me then.
Kain201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:51 PM   #3
Sly_Squash

again with the aussies complaining about games being more expensive in their region...
Sly_Squash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:10 PM   #4
M4nkoRid3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly_Squash View Post
again with the aussies complaining about games being more expensive in their region...
And again with smart arses chiming in with useless comments...

They're not getting my money either.
M4nkoRid3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:15 PM   #5
amcdermo

Banned
Quote:
First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.
amcdermo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:00 PM   #6
Renevent

ROFL!

Yeah now were comparing video game prices with genocide and social injustice.

On a serious note, it does suck but I guess that's the cost of living of being an aussie.
Renevent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:21 PM   #7
l3reak

EA
Well, buy it in a four-pack and it's 55% off. $31.50 ain't that bad, is it? Anyway, I'm sorry that games get priced so much higher in your areas, guys. I hope that price comes down one day.
l3reak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:28 PM   #8
ozgeek

Quote:
Well they are! We will not tolerate having to pay more for games that other regions can get for cheaper just because we are Australians? We are not stupid.
ozgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:38 PM   #9
o0RiffRaff0o

Is dark spore on sale in America today also, if so how much is it.
o0RiffRaff0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:28 PM   #10
l3reak

EA
Quote:
Originally Posted by o0RiffRaff0o View Post
Is dark spore on sale in America today also, if so how much is it.
It's on sale until Thursday for $30. If you want extra savings you can get in on the 4-pack. That works out to $22.50 per person.

See this page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/99890/?snr=1_4_4__40
Old 06-14-2011, 10:37 PM   #11
Sly_Squash

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4nkoRid3r View Post
Any comment in this thread is useless because its a useless, pointless, redundant, tasteless, stupid thread.

Games are marked up more in your region. I get it. I completely do not care. Please stop making "zomg 50% off of a higher price is still X dollars" for every single flipping sale. You're going to pay more for full price games than most of us, and when there's a flat percentage sale that means for your sale price you're still going to pay more than the rest of our sale prices. It isn't that profound of a notion, and I really can't be bothered to dredge one grain of care out of Give-A-Flip Bay to extend to you guys.

Games were expensive in your region before steam. This isn't steam's fault. And I suspect sales like this one still grossly undercut the games' prices as they are found in other outlets in your country. You have nothing to complain to steam about, so stop crying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozgeek View Post
Well they are! We will not tolerate having to pay more for games that other regions can get for cheaper just because we are Australians? We are not stupid.
But you are immoral if you're circumventing steam's regional pricing for your personal gain.

Last edited by Sly_Squash: 06-14-2011 at 10:47 PM.
Sly_Squash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:15 PM   #12
l3reak

EA
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4nkoRid3r View Post
Neither of these comments are helpful. Please be respectful on this board, rather than just calling other people "smart arses" or saying they're just complaining. If you don't think their point is well made, they don't just say they're complaining, tell them what you think is wrong about what they said. Otherwise you're just flaming.

It's funny, Sly Squash's most recent post is actually a pretty good example of how to discuss a point with someone without just flaming them, but his earlier post was a really bad example. So, be more like that post, and less like the earlier one I quoted up there.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:25 PM   #13
tixe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain201 View Post
European sale price is 29.99€, that's 43USD.

No Darkspore for me then.
yepp, I'm with ya ;D But still, 29.99euro is cheaper or the same as it cost in stores. Usually they have sales 50% higher of what it cost in stores and think we are stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3reak View Post
Well, buy it in a four-pack and it's 55% off. $31.50 ain't that bad, is it? Anyway, I'm sorry that games get priced so much higher in your areas, guys. I hope that price comes down one day.
The thing is that it's not only this game. It's every single game and both Publishers such as EA and Steam blame each other for it yet steam set their own game prices exactly the same. I really don't get it, you are losing 100k+ sales on every big game released at steam just because it's so damn expensive everywhere except for US and UK... Later they have the guts to blame it all on piracy, that's really funny.

Quote:
Any comment in this thread is useless because its a useless, pointless, redundant, tasteless, stupid thread.

Games are marked up more in your region. I get it. I completely do not care. Please stop making "zomg 50% off of a higher price is still X dollars" for every single flipping sale. You're going to pay more for full price games than most of us, and when there's a flat percentage sale that means for your sale price you're still going to pay more than the rest of our sale prices. It isn't that profound of a notion, and I really can't be bothered to dredge one grain of care out of Give-A-Flip Bay to extend to you guys.

Games were expensive in your region before steam. This isn't steam's fault. And I suspect sales like this one still grossly undercut the games' prices as they are found in other outlets in your country. You have nothing to complain to steam about, so stop crying.

But you are immoral if you're circumventing steam's regional pricing for your personal gain.
It's 100% steam's fault and yes we will complain in every single game forum at steam. Steam allows this and it's probably even illegal. You can't sell a game with different prices to different countries if it's not because of taxes. So either Americans don't pay taxes or we are getting ripped off.

How come music can be sold for the same price to every country but not a game? Both Itunes and Steam provide a download service. I don't see Itunes charging us more than anyone else. I would like an answer from EA on this. Is there any difference between a download at Itunes and a download at Steam except for the file size?

Last edited by tixe: 06-14-2011 at 11:45 PM.
tixe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:55 PM   #14
Friendliest

Quote:
40% off 70USD 50USD is still a rubbish price
fixed^^
Friendliest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:15 AM   #15
l3reak

EA
Quote:
Originally Posted by tixe View Post
It's 100% steam's fault and yes we will complain in every single game forum at steam.
You know, if the prices are extra high in every other store for every other game, too, it might not be 100% Steam's fault. I don't even work with Valve and have almost nothing to do with them, but honestly I don't think they're the ones behind the high game prices.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Darkspore