Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Forsaken World

Old 06-15-2011, 11:31 PM   #1
mikeyinlove

doesnt show that im playing???

ive had this issue before in ffxi. which.. still hasnt been fixed lol. ffxi had an issue where the game overlay would not open when i pressed shift+tab. and people couldnt see if i was playing. the same problem. nobody can see me playing. anyone have an idea why?
Old 06-16-2011, 01:11 AM   #2
Slaytanicds

I'm having the same problem :S
Slaytanicds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:03 AM   #3
Simian_

Try the advanced steps for making a symlink in this thread. I did it, and it shows my status when I'm playing.

I don't have the overlay though. But that doesn't matter anyway since the game seems to be just fine having all kinds of different application windows sitting right on top of it when you alt + tab, and there is no alt + tab delay.
Simian_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:54 AM   #4
Kantorek

Perfect World
This is a problem with windows UAC which prevents the game from showing properly on your status. Disabling UAC will fix this. (UAC is the pop-up that appears every time you try to start a program in windows 7/vista).
Kantorek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:48 PM   #5
Simian_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantorek View Post
This is a problem with windows UAC which prevents the game from showing properly on your status. Disabling UAC will fix this. (UAC is the pop-up that appears every time you try to start a program in windows 7/vista).
Disabling User Account Control for the whole system?
Simian_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:23 PM   #6
Jagdpanther-V-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simian_ View Post
Try the advanced steps for making a symlink in this thread. I did it, and it shows my status when I'm playing.

I don't have the overlay though. But that doesn't matter anyway since the game seems to be just fine having all kinds of different application windows sitting right on top of it when you alt + tab, and there is no alt + tab delay.
I tried creating the symlink but whenever I did it keeps telling me The game is unavailable, oh well.
Jagdpanther-V- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 05:41 PM   #7
Den

Why does this game need elevated permissions on my system?
Den is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:39 PM   #8
AquilineFury

Arrow

I'm also getting this problem, too.

It seems to me that, a little bit like World of Warcraft, there is a launcher program separate from the "main" program. If that's the case, could be that Steam is picking up on that launcher program, but not the "actual" program?

I can't really tell, since the program file is named in Chinese.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:27 AM   #9
Slooms

Long-term fix:
On your steam desktop icon, right click on it and click properties. Then go to the compatibility tab and look for Privilege Level. Make sure the box that says 'Run this program as an administrator' is ticked off.

*Short-term fix:
On your Steam desktop icon, right click on it and click on Run as Administrator.
*You will have to do this every time you open Steam if you want FW to show under your currently playing game.
Slooms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:43 AM   #10
overkill63

Happens to me as well.
overkill63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:56 PM   #11
FistOfSurprisal

I found a fix.

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\forsaken world\update

Find game.exe and make a shortcut to your desktop. It should take you directly to the game without the launcher, which is what Steam thinks is the actual game.

The only flaw is that it will not patch itself without the use of the launcher.

Hope this helps!
FistOfSurprisal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:46 PM   #12
hilltop67

It's free, don't think Free has ever meant perfect. And no if I have to disable UAC then Perfect World Beijing is possibly collecting more info then Microsoft wants them too, thereby UAC is a protection but everyone will think its free when its not as to advance its gonna cost $$$ and China would love that. So take it at your own risk.
hilltop67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:35 PM   #13
RageMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantorek View Post
How is this a problem with Windows instead of a problem with the game? It is only a problem with Windows if this occurs in other games as well. If it doesn't...and only occurs with Forsaken World, then the problem is actually with the game and the way it was developed, thus a patch or fix ought to come from the game to resolve its problem.
RageMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Forsaken World