Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Beat Hazard

Old 06-17-2011, 03:24 AM   #1
Starg

Cold Beam Games
Cool Evil gameplay tips thread...

Fly over a Reaper ship with your Shield on, kill it and all it's missiles will instantly change sides and go off to kill enemy ships.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:30 AM   #2
DarthStap

Just as i do =) btw how to kill Stalkers and Repulsers more effectly?
DarthStap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:31 AM   #3
Starg

Cold Beam Games
Micro missiles - they will target these with a high priority. (Or use the shield to protect yourself from the force of the beams)
Starg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:35 AM   #4
Briankealing

When the song ends, fly towards the center or wherever there are the most enemies to rack the most points from the end-song bomb.

The hitbox for the asteroids is smaller than the asteroid itself. You can brush up against it and you won't die.
Briankealing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:38 AM   #5
n_skid

You don't get any bonuses at the end of a level for keeping superbombs, micro missiles, or ultra beams. So ether use them more often if you keep ending with them, or unleash hell in the last 10 seconds of a track.

Also micro missiles are partially effective against the big boss worm/snake, as they pass though the destroyed sections.
n_skid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:40 AM   #6
securiT

If the screen is bursting with enemy fighters, you're in a corner but you want to make full use of your bomb, you can use a shield to get to the centre of the screen / enemy fighter waves before activateing your superbomb
securiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:10 AM   #7
Super Meat Bro

On suicidal, Multiplayer rain is more effective than dare devil perk (because, except during the begining, it will be very rare to be able to dare deviling.
Micro Missiles and Shield is my favorite combo weapon.

This game is a blast!

Last edited by Super Meat Bro: 06-17-2011 at 11:15 AM.
Super Meat Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:11 AM   #8
Rasga

When battling against the spider/octopus boss keep in mind that when you get too close to the boss he will coil up and you won't be able to hit him.
Another helpfull tip for battling this boss is that you must try to spread you're fire so that you hit all of it's tentacles. This is helpfull because the spider/octopus boss can only fire with guns that are not being hit (at least I think it's like this).
Rasga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:24 AM   #9
IchigoMorino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starg View Post
Fly over a Reaper ship with your Shield on, kill it and all it's missiles will instantly change sides and go off to kill enemy ships.
Wow, this is just puuuure evil... I love it!

I really didn't like the shield very much and had previously used it in only a couple specific situations (to get out of a tight situation where a superbomb wasn't necessary or when there was an endless hail of missiles coming towards me), but this newfound knowledge has encouraged me to use it much more. Those Reaper missiles sure are potent and being able to eliminate the problem of me having to deal with them and killing swarms of dudes at the same time is like killing two birds with one stone.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:46 AM   #10
Me2nice

Death Blossom (spinning your ship in circles while firing). Use it. It's effective when you're surrounded and you can't or don't want to use any bombs.
Me2nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:48 AM   #11
radkliler

Similar to the Reaper tactic.

If you come across a boss ship with the rotational turrets, you can use your shield and fly above the turret.

Depending on the munition, it'll either kill the boss quickly, or send the projectiles flying all over the screen, killing anything it touches.

Time it right, and you can abuse this a number of times.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:12 AM   #12
fearalice

Learn to identify the turrets on an enemy ship. If you know what parts give you trouble you can fly inches away from it and pummel it with all three streams and your Hazard laser. This will take it out before it can fire the troublesome weapon.

Use this to demolish "miniboss" ships (The smaller twins with two sets of turrets) before they can fire anything.

Remember... Inches away!
fearalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:28 AM   #13
Volcaris

Using their own projectiles against them with the reflective shield seems to kill bosses much faster. Once you convert them to your side, they will function like micro missiles in that they will go after the biggest threat first.

Reflective shield also kills smaller ships if they bump into it many times. Charge into a pack of enemies with the power-up and watch the mayhem.

Use your power-ups wisely. If you have 10 shields, 2 micro missiles, and you're fighting a boss that fires missiles that you can turn against them with the reflective shield, use that power-up.
Volcaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:17 PM   #14
Starg

Cold Beam Games
Steal your opponents VOL & POW pickups when they die in Head to Head!
Starg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:57 PM   #15
Genchou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starg View Post
Steal your opponents VOL & POW pickups when they die in Head to Head!
And also try to stick to the upper side of the screen, to steal every bomb & multiplier rain incoming.
Genchou is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Beat Hazard